No announcement yet.

MARKOS! SidGolf is NOT my fault!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice seeing some humor here after the large amount of " if they dont update soon i'll shoot myself " comments.
    It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

Or you could be waking up to the headlines:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 2002:
      In an interview with Sid Meier about his upcoming release of 'Civ3 the golfing experience' Sid talks of how his work on Sid Golf helped in coming up with the entire diplomacy, warfare and research areas in Civ3TGE. " Well when I first saw the idea of a SidGolf game in a post by Yin26 I just thought of a golf game whos ultimate aim would be to delay the release of civ3 to build up the anticipation of the public, and of course FiraxisGolfers apologise for the riots in many large cities throughout the US as a result of this." Sid went on to describe in detail the areas od Civ3TGE directly affected by Yin26. " Basically we scrapped the old diplomacy method and in its place we have the player actually playing a game of golf with the rival leader, The winner of this game would then put forward his proposals to the opponent leader who would then consider this with you during another game of golf, and so on. Now the Warfare would be more tricky, here you have teams who you train to play golf. You upgrade these teams throughout time by inventing iron working for iron clubs etc. The stronger your team the more chance it has of winning against the enemy team. Of course you get to watch the entire game of golf between the two teams in 3D."
      Not exactly what the community was expecting but Sid is confident we will see record breaking sales worldwide.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Destruction is a lot easier than construction. The guy who operates a wrecking ball has a easier time than the architect who has to rebuild the house from the pieces.--- Immortal Wombat.

Comment

KrazyHorse:

LOL! Well, trust me. If Markos' evil post were actually found to be true, you'd have to re-draw that with me killing MYSELF with the stone.

Darkknight:

Sure, kick a poor Yin when he's down!
        I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Oh, cheer up Yin26 it's not that bad. I mean so what if everybody here at Apolyton wants to kill you.
          However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

DarkKnight, LOL

Willie, what did you have to mention "no civIII news yet" for? You got me depressed again

I stopped posting here since most talks now won't affect the game. Or will they?

Firaxis, please tell us howmuch do out posts now can affect it?

I mean, I'm pretty sure they can.

After all, all first interviews mentioned the "unique units and civs" as something they are really excited about. However recent interviews show that Firaxis isn't that crazy about the idea, and when asked in what interviews about new cool features, they left out unique units and civs completely !

That means, that the huge amount of discussion here, showed them that most disagree with Unique Civs as being the standart and think that it can be an option for mods and scenarios, but it isn't fit to be stand alone, single player civ!

I see it as an accomplishment of this community. I know that still the differencesd of opinions are there, and most are intrigued by this option, but only as an option. Most don't want to lose the generic civs. So our very active debate helped. I'm glad.

Comment

On the other hand, Yin, SidGolf could be a big run away seller that injects badly needed cash into Firaxis, so they can take all the time in the world to write Civ 4.

You could become an Accidental Hero
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Um, Yeah! Think I can get a cut of the action?
                I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

Comment

Semi 3D 2D and with a bit of Rah
                  Attached Files
                  Destruction is a lot easier than construction. The guy who operates a wrecking ball has a easier time than the architect who has to rebuild the house from the pieces.--- Immortal Wombat.

Comment

(Did I get a last cigarette or maybe some Kool-Aid at least?)

Comment

ouch

Comment

Originally posted by yin26
                        (Did I get a last cigarette or maybe some Kool-Aid at least?)
                        Well, the good news is that you get Kool-Aid. The bad news is that it's Jonestown "special" Kool-Aid
                        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Killing it is the new killing it
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

You're just being evil to yin now!!!

Here, yin, you need some refuge: come sit on this completely not booby trapped chair and relax

Comment

Working...
                          X