Who wanna play CIVIII by email?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who wanna play CIVIII by email?

Yeah. Anyone who want play by email, send me an email and then ill compilate a list of people who would be happy to play in this way.

A_V

Roman: Civilization belongs to the civilized. Attila: It belogs to those who have the power to conquer it. Me: Nope, it belongs to me. Coz ive paid 50 bucks and it has a 30 days satisfaction guarantee.
    Asesino_Virtual

nooo, thats just dumb..

Comment

Uhhh...maybe we should wait a little while before starting up a list. Like until the game is finished.
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Maybe instead of starting a list for Civ3 you should go to the Civ2 forum and start a list for Civ2 or just wait until the game comes out.
        However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

I never figured out what the point is in playing games by e-mail, does this mean you start the game, make one move (Send the move to another mail) exit the game and wait for the next mail???

Is that what it's about, or did I miss something here???
          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I'm not sure, either. I've never played by e-mail, I don't know how to play by e-mail, and I don't want to play by e-mail.
            However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

That's pretty much it ADG. It's a bit slow for me, but its probably still better than no MP at all.

Comment

Actually, it's a great way to play civ games For that totally immersive civ experience, PBEM is the way to go! The only problem is getting used to only being able to play one turn at a time, which can be quite frustrating. However, it reminds me of those old stories about people who used to play chess by post. The game would take years, but it obviously never stopped some people from trying.

If you don't believe me, check out the CTP Multiplaying forum at Apolyton and see how many play PBEM as opposed to other forms of multiplaying. I would go so far as to say that without PBEM, interest in CTP would have dies ages ago. Personally, i would say that PBEM is ideal for TBS games, while other forms of multiplaying are not ideal. This is because there shouldn't be a time limit on turns in a TBS game. After all, that's what RTS games are designed for! I'll use chess as an example. Chess is considered to be the greatest game ever invented. It is really the original TBS game. Time limits only serve to cheapen the game, which is where RTS games come into their own

The answer is simple - play CivIII, and play it by e-mail! There's nothing like taking two years to finish a game to really feel a sense of achievement

Comment

PBEM allows you to play a multiplayer game as you would a single player game. Checking over every aspect of the turn before you hit end. Online play usually involves time limits, both for turns and game session. You also have players with slow or unreliable connections which I have found to be the biggest drawback to online play. You also get to play against people from all around the world without having to problems with time zones. and finding a good time for everyone to play.
                  "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

it of course good that the other players slow connection doesn't give any problem, but to only be able to make one single turn and then wait a day to make next move is very frustrating I guess, so count me out of any PBEM games, I don't want to play the same game in 2 years+
                    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I'd PBEM. I find doing it directly over the internet, especially on my dial up connection quite awkward, unreliable and I am never around at the right time. So yeah, add me.

And some of you people, stop being so damn miserable
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

yeah, if i want a strategy MP game with timelimits, I play StarCraft.

Comment

biggest problem with PBEM is lack of being able to negotiatie wit hhumans... it is like playing SP when it comes to diplomacy....

It would be ok if when ever you wanted to have some diplomatic relations you could contact the other human by ICQ and get them to join the game for a period so as you can negotiate properly ..
                          GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Think that negotiations are the biggest problems with PBEM games.

I want to be added to the list. Whoever ends up making it. I do not believe that a settler when he posted this thread will end up doing the list.
                            About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

s stated earier , way too early to start making lists. lets get the game and paly with it awhile beofre playing a PBEM game
                              GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Working...
                              X