No announcement yet.

How Important is a Website to You as a Gamer? MOO3 and Civ3 Sites Compared:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would buy the game if the website was no good... but the reviews were.

It helps if the website gives the game support after its release- I bought Total Annihilation just because of the game support- and when the support ended, I stopped playing it.

Additional material on the official site merely contributes to the fun of the game.
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

I share a similar view: Solid website support can extend the shelf-life of a game far beyond the company's investment in Webmaster time.
      I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Kind of depends where you are aiming at . I already knew apolyton site from civ2 and CTP. And in the middle of this semester i bougth CTP2, wich i really did not like it at first: bad AI and lots of bugs . I played only two times and then became one of the civ3 enthusiastics like you guys. But Last month, I discovered a mod made by the Apolyton CTP2's community and now i cant stop playing it. So i conclude that if it wasnt for Apolyton i would never play CTP2 again and never recommed it. So my vote is that the Website is very important to the gamer. And sometimes as impotarnt as the game
        "Kill a man and you are a murder.
        Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
        Kill all and you are a God!"
        -Jean Rostand

Comment

Although i dont think it affects the game selling . Just affects the way the player plays and for how long he does it.

In the other hand, affecting these two things it helps the selling of expansions and like i mentioned before the player can reccomend it to others, also helping sellings.
          "Kill a man and you are a murder.
          Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
          Kill all and you are a God!"
          -Jean Rostand

Comment

Yes, the Web bites both ways. A good presence can do an awful lot of good (assuming a good game to begin with). But a bad presence can do an awful lot of bad EVEN IF the game is good. Which leads us to the Firaxis Website again...
            I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Working...
            X