Moo3 better than civ3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moo3 better than civ3?

after seeing that outrageous article in the news section, I had to get your guys opinion.
    Yes! MOO3 will definitely be better than CIV3
    15.69%
    Yeah, MOO3 will probably be better than CIV3
    7.84%
    Don't know, have to see when they both come out
    29.41%
    Nah, CIV3 will probably be better than MOO3
    11.76%
    NO! CIV3 will definitely be better than MOO3
    19.61%
    what is the MOOing about?
    15.69%
    Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
    ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Actually I have to see... I've read the design document for Moo3, and if they can pull it off, it most definetly could be better than Civ3... It looks amazing, but I'm not saying which is better at this time, yet.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Imran, you haven't really seen ALL of it. It's far too grand then you might think. I have no doubt MOO3 is going to be FAR better then this, un-inspiring and dull sequel to the CIV series.
      Last edited by Harel; July 1, 2001, 09:40.
      "The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise" Preem Palver, First speaker, "Second Foundation", Isaac Asimov

Comment

Imran, you haven't real ALL of it.

No, I read ALL of it that is online...ALL... It took me like 3 days.

And Civ3 doesn't look to be 'un-inspiring and dull'. To say so is simply ridiculous.
        Last edited by Imran Siddiqui; June 30, 2001, 17:28.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

The stuff available online are not even a tiny fragment of MOO3 volume. As part of the "order of the doc" , I know just how much info is not yet released. Even CIV XII won't even come close.
          "The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise" Preem Palver, First speaker, "Second Foundation", Isaac Asimov

Comment

But Moo isn't Civ... and Civ is special...

Comment

What is MOO3, is it some game where you control a cow farm, listening to moos all the time
              This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

LOL! No, but not a bad idea for a game. Tag-team cow-tipping. MOO = Master of Orion, one of the best series EVER!
                I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

OK Then I think I'll stick to Civ III

Comment

Correction... CIV was special. Now I don't know about you, but I don't want a slightly enhanced and modified version of CIV 2. I had far higher expections, then hopefully this time they will REALLY bring this series to the heights it deserves.
                    But it seems the old game-god Sid knows just one forumla of "fun", and he won't expand on it as it should. So many things in CIV needs to be improved, and no steps are taken. How about developing some real society, with growing cultures and religions? What about a more complex and dynamic social model (a bit like SMAC SE page). I'm the ruler of my kingdom: I can't even decide the education system? Come on!
                    I can go on and on... about the too-short tech list, about the un-realistic and unipsiring governmental model... the fact that no one is the CIV series and clones seem to want to break the mold... just look how similar all those games are! No one tries to be truely inspiring.
                    I don't think I will even buy CIV3. Onward with MOO3, the truely original game!

Comment

I agree there's not much of a change from Civ 1 to Civ 2, but what's the difference, the game is truely amazing, And what it sounds like about Civ 3, there's a lot of changes!

I have no doubt that Civ 3 will be one of the best games in years, if not the best

Comment

Just different.

Ive played MOOII and CIV II, and they are different stuff. One is in the space, other is in a single one planet. Other thing, CIV III is much more complex than MOOIII, example: do u think that implementing borders is an easy task?, in MOO series u just have a system under, no under control, or in shared control, but the fact that invading and attacking is much more complicated than in CIV series, in CIV, the risk of a potential confrontation was certainly and mortal. In a few turns a civ could invade and attack your capitol and make a revolt on all over your empire. In MOO, haha, they never could conquer my capitol PLANET. And if they do, nothing is gonna happen.
                        Other stuff, control areas, in MOO theres nothing like that, there was NO tactics avaiable. Only, go with and army and crush the other planet. In the tactical screen there was little to do but using in a different order your guns.
                        The only great stuff in MOO, is its great diplomatic system (I wonder if CIV will have the capability of requesting other leader a stop war against other civ, this is a thing Im gonna post in other thread) in which you could exchange cities (something really great!) or sign differents pacts. But all this stuff and MORE we are gonna have it in CIVIII. And think how good is to see your empire border agains other civ border and think than, everything inside that line, is YOURS!, this in MOO is just an abstract concept, in CIVIII, is a fact.

A_V
                        Roman: Civilization belongs to the civilized. Attila: It belogs to those who have the power to conquer it. Me: Nope, it belongs to me. Coz ive paid 50 bucks and it has a 30 days satisfaction guarantee.
                        Asesino_Virtual

Comment

>How about developing some real society, with growing cultures >and religions?

U are going to have that stuff in CIVIII. So, BUY IT!.

A_V
                          Roman: Civilization belongs to the civilized. Attila: It belogs to those who have the power to conquer it. Me: Nope, it belongs to me. Coz ive paid 50 bucks and it has a 30 days satisfaction guarantee.
                          Asesino_Virtual

Comment

Correction... CIV was special.

It still is. Civ3 is looking more and more like a masterpiece of gaming with every preview I read.

How about developing some real society, with growing cultures and religions? What about a more complex and dynamic social model (a bit like SMAC SE page). I'm the ruler of my kingdom: I can't even decide the education system? Come on!

This isn't Europa Universalis. This isn't Imperialism II. This is Civ. Civ has NEVER been about the minute details of running an empire, it has been about the broad picture. The Social Model and Education System has no place in Civ.

about the too-short tech list, about the un-realistic and unipsiring governmental model

Too-short? Have you played the game to determine whether or not it was too short? And do you know everything about Civ3's governments?

No one tries to be truely inspiring.

Sequals to classics can't stray too far off the path, or else they will lose what made them fun. Moo3 doesn't have to deal with this, because, frankly IMO, Moo2 sucked. I must have played it for a week before deleting it off my hard drive. Civ2 was every bit the classic the original was, garnering many accolades and staying on my hard drive for over 2 years. Civ3 has incorporated more changes from Civ2 than Civ2 had from Civ1.

Civ3 will truely be a classic, and I wouldn't be suprised if it won all sorts of Game of the Year awards like Civ2 did before it.

Comment

if you want to goto detail about the the damn empires "education system", play civ and sim city at the same time.
                              "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                              - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Working...
                              X