Capitalization in Civ3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its not that hard at all.

i could write it in VB or C in like an hour.

you could go line by line comparing the two files (host and client) and make a list of all the lines the host has changed (using yours as a compare element).

civ 2 example:

YOURS:

3 ; Road movement multiplier

HOSTS:

200 ; Road movement multiplier

that would set up a little popup that says

"THE HOST'S RULES.TXT CONTAINS THE FOLLOWING CHANGES

200 ; Road movement multiplier
    "

and then gives you the option to connect or disconnect.
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

That's very similar to what I was thinkin, Uber. (Great minds think alike)

Comment

It is almost as I suggested before, but I wanted them to not compare lines, but compare the options.
        To use the same example as UberKruX my suggestion would show a window that says:
        RULES of the Host
        The following rules at the Host are different from your local rules.
        What do you want to do?

All differences would be presented here, and not only if the comment were different.

(The TEXTBOX is supposed to be locked)
        Edit: I accidentally pushed Submit instead of preview)
        Last edited by Gramphos; July 4, 2001, 15:29.
        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Good job on that Gramphos.
          However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

Originally posted by TechWins
            Good job on that Gramphos.
            Thanks.
            I like coding HTML, but I think it shall only has borders around it, not in it, but I'll not edit my post again for that.

Comment

sounds good, when is the program being released so i can use it now to check games i paly
              GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputin
                sounds good, when is the program being released so i can use it now to check games i paly
                Currently I've no plans to develop something like that, as it needs to interfere with the network traffic of the game, if not included in the game from the beginning. What I made was a Suggestion. I don't know if UberKruX has any other plans.
                Anyway, if Civ III doesn't have this feature I might reconsider my decision. But as long as Civ III isn't ready I'll do nothing. To make that sort of check in the game takes almost no time, to add it with an extra program takes long time, as you need to find out how the rules are send to you, and needs to write a function to lad your rules.txt file.

Comment

oh ok, it was jsut from the earleir posts it was made out to be a simple thing so i thought one of you guyys must be doing it
                  GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputin
                    oh ok, it was jsut from the earleir posts it was made out to be a simple thing so i thought one of you guyys must be doing it
                    It is simple if you are doing it in the same time as you are doing the network console for the game. Therefor I hope Firaxis adds it.

What happened to your Avatar?

Comment

Working...
                    X