Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new review: # of playable civs revealed!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's possible they've revised the article. I just went there and found instead of 16 civs, it's only 9 playable.

"Civilization III will feature 16 civilizations out of the box and current plans are that 9 of these will be playable on the same map at the same time, either as human multi-player opponents or quite adept Artificial Intelligence (AI). "

Perhaps someone at Firaxis contacted them about it.

Comment

Crap! Crappity crappity crap! I think Firaxis did originally plan to have sixteen on the same map, but they couldn't make it work, and backed out. Otherwise, why the notable silence? I'm beginning to get angry....
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Well this would surely be great... but I don't see why Firaxis would do so. As some other people said, in the same interview there was also a mention of having 16 () advisors.

But even if that does not happen, there will probably some nerds who MAKE it happen
        Elen sila lumenn' omentielvo

Comment

I just read the review and this is what it said.

"Civilization III will feature 16 civilizations out of the box and current plans are that 9 of these will be playable on the same map at the same time, either as human multi-player opponents or quite adept Artificial Intelligence (AI)."

very bad news, im disapointed now

Comment

I too have wanted 16 simultaneous Civs although perhaps not all 16 from 4000BC as I felt it would be better to have some late starting Civs and Civs formed from rebellions.

But if there are only 9 total possible simulaneous Civs, then I may just have to play with 7 so that at least two splits are possible (even if the stupid "take the capital method" is the only method).

But all in all, it is somewhat disappointing.

But if the game is a great game nevertheless and if the AI is strong it will not matter as much.

Comment

16 was possibly too many 9 will suffice as it is better than current 7
              GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputin
                16 was possibly too many 9 will suffice as it is better than current 7
                We will just have to wait until Firaxis said one way or another.

Everthing else is a guess.

Comment

Working...
                X