Your expected CPU-power around christmas 2001

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your expected CPU-power around christmas 2001

This Poll is about what processors-power you plan to have around christmas 2001. Its NOT about what you have now, or what you think the minimun/recommended game-specs should be.

If you have (or plan to buy) a celeron/ duron, just pick an estimated speed-group.
    Pentium 166-200 Mhz
    7.84%
    Pentium 233 and above (within old Pentium-line)
    2.94%
    Pentium II 233 Mhz and above (within Pentium-II line)
    12.75%
    Early Pentium III/ AMD Athlon 450-700 Mhz
    25.49%
    Improved Pentium III/ AMD T-bird above 700 MHZ
    37.25%
    Latest Pentium-4/ AMD Palomino versions
    13.73%
    Last edited by Ralf; June 4, 2001, 06:23.

After 4 years of suffering with my pentium 200 i'm ready to invest in something realy good.
    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

I still have a pIII800, and i guess it goes to the second from bottom choice. It is very unlikely to change.
      Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
      GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Voted for the "above 700MHz" fraction (Athlon 1000). I´m well prepared for Civ3, now it is Fireaxis´turn...
        Blah

Comment

I dream about changing my old notebook with something new with a GeForce2go inside, but my bank couldn't agree if my employer will not raise my monthly check...
          "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
          - Admiral Naismith

Comment

for the next 20 years, I'm stuck with a P200/64MB. It serves me well in everything, and I don't play games. I mean, I play only Civ, and nothing else...
            'We note that your primitive civil-^
            ization has not even discovered^
            $RPLC1. Do you care^
            to exchange knowledge with us?'^
            _'No, we do not need $RPLC1.'^
            _'OK, let's exchange knowledge.'

Comment

i have 2 dual gigahertz, but then again im a webserver
              "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
              - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

My 400 MHz (Overclocked to 450 MHz) Celeron is not likely to be replaced before Star Wars Galaxies comes out.
                Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Just got a 933 machine that will have to last awhile.
                  It does have 256 memory so it cooks pretty good now, but we know how fast that changes.

RAH
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

my upgrades come from my buddy's castoffs. I have a p2/450 right now, but don't expect to see a p3 until next year. good enough for me. just hope civ3 isnt a system hog.

incidentally, my first civ2 machine was a 486/25. kind of slow, but I didn't care. used to go to the bathroom while the computer took its turn.
                    Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
                    ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

After this summer I will have completed my building of my new computer. It will be awesome. Right now I'm not too sure if my comp. could really support Civ III. I have Celeron 500, 64 mb, crappy Video Card and sound card, and a piece of crap motherboard. It really doesn't pay to buy comps. from a store. I like to have mine customizable.
                      However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

pII, 266.

I know its slow, but its fine for everything but games, and i can't justify either a new PC or messing with the innards on this one just for games.

LOTM
                        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

I have just bought an PIII 850Mhz, 256 MB, and I don't think I will have any better in such a short time...
                          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Dual PIII 700s, 256 MB SDRAM, 32 MB GeForce DDR, 640kb ADSL...and I'm still not fast enough to make me completely happy.

Comment

AMD 1.3 ghz, 256 DDR SDRAM, 64MB GeForce 2....in one month, almost have to enough, but a couple more paychecks! Can't wait.
                              "Why won't those stupid idiots let me their crappy club for jerks?"

Comment

Working...
                              X