Same thing on my watch
    'We note that your primitive civil-^
    ization has not even discovered^
    $RPLC1. Do you care^
    to exchange knowledge with us?'^
    _'No, we do not need $RPLC1.'^
    _'OK, let's exchange knowledge.'

Comment

Well actually on some 1940's clocks in my grandmothers house, you have IIII, instead of IV. LOL
      Actually on roman inscriptions they very often put IIII instead of IV.
      "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
      "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

so everyone wants to respond and debate a joke instead of evaluating my suggestion?

*whimper*

jk idont care
        And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Comment

I heard this was the last Civilization game Sid Meier's gonna be making. Supposedly, it's gonna be the "ultimate" civilization game. So I doubt there will be a Civ 4. And even if it were, it probably won't be very good. For those who watch Star Trek, Civ 4 will probably be the Voyager of Civilizations.

Comment

the world is crumbling around me!! No more civ games from Sid are you sure He's not making any more? Maybe He's going to take up golf.
            Destruction is a lot easier than construction. The guy who operates a wrecking ball has a easier time than the architect who has to rebuild the house from the pieces.--- Immortal Wombat.

Comment

Originally posted by imgod2u
              I heard this was the last Civilization game Sid Meier's gonna be making. Supposedly, it's gonna be the "ultimate" civilization game. So I doubt there will be a Civ 4. And even if it were, it probably won't be very good. For those who watch Star Trek, Civ 4 will probably be the Voyager of Civilizations.
              If it's the Voyager of Civilizations, we have hope, there's a new Star Trek show coming out in the Fall, Scott Bakula is the Captain.

Where did you hear that this was the last Sid Meier Civ game? He's not old yet, he's got at least 30 more years of game designing before he throws in the towel, unless he does a Gary Larsen and just gets tired of the grind. God I hope that doesn't happen.

Comment

hes probly tired of making the same old same old turn-based civ-type games. after all hes already made 4!

He's probably really bored of the concept! why would he want to keep churning out the same stuff over and over again? we obviously apreciate it as different and wonderful, but to him its still a lot of the same type of code and stuff...
                And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Comment

Really though, where was this story from? I don't believe it. Getting tired of a topic is one thing, but give it time. It might be a 10 year wait, but I'm sure we'll see another Civ game. Whether SId Meier's name is attached is debatable, but don't forget, unfortunately Sid doesn't own the Civ franchise name, he does in my mind, but try and tell lawyers that. Jeez, even CTP had the Civ name, blasphemy if you ask me.

Comment

Don't worry, there will be add-ons, and addons, and add-ons posing as new games, and copycats, and so forth.
                    there will be another Ctp clone, which tries to be civ4, and doesn't make it. maybe it will have an unsupported sequel, too.

Finally, someone will hunt sid down wherever he is in 4 years, and say "will you PLEASE take the helm of civ4? I promise I won't screw you like those other guys did last time. no, really.

Apolyton will own the net by then, all of us who were here when civ3 came out will talk about the great times when Paul wrote the OCC guide, all the fun things we used to do in civ2. some of the old toothless fellows will reminisce about that phalanx killing a bttleship in civ1, back when there was no scenario editor, and generally on how much we love civ3.
                    but now its time for something new.
                    We will of course make another LIST, which will run longer than the OJ trial transcripts, or the clinton ones, and we will have sequels regularly.

By the time civ4 comes out in 2007 (3 years after sid agrees), we will all have chewed our fingernails to the wrist in anticipation.

in short, nothing of substance will be different from this time
                    Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
                    ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

Originally posted by imgod2u
                      Actually i dont believe that he is making this game. it might have his name on it, and he plays it to give suggestions, but i dont think he is the one making it.

Comment

I have to go with me_irate on that one.

If I remember correctly, Sid Meier is only playtesting and making important suggestions to the programmers and designers.
                        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

In a way all the suggestions were making right now would have to go on Civ 4 because I don't think too many new things are going to be implemented. I don't care though they're still fun to make and read.
                          However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

Well, even if there's going to be CIV 4, it's not the correct time to open a suggestion forum on it already... there will be one here, but not yet... give it time, DC!

Comment

There will be new versions of civ for a long time. People will always want something better. I can imagine, years from now, "What? Only 2000 things the AI can say in diplomacy? This is an outrage!!"

"You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

LOL yeah, the demands have increased and always will... well, that's the c(o)urse of time...

Comment

Working...
                                X