Civ4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ4

Will we be able to keep this forum and merely rename it Civ4 suggestions?

Should we?

I vote that we should.
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Yeah -- this is sooooo important at THIS point of time.

A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
      Yeah -- this is sooooo important at THIS point of time.

Well: Good strategists must think ahead .
      I cast my vote with Darkcloud.
      Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Free Slobo, lock up George, learn from Kim-Jong-Il.

Comment

No, don't be silly!! Civ4 will never happen....do you know why?

Because civ3 is going to so amazingly good that no new civ games will ever be needed!! Right, guys?
        If the voices in my head paid rent, I'd be a very rich man

Comment

if it becomes the best civ game ever then you can bet your balls that there will be a civ4 but I can't be so sure if civ3 turns up really ****ty....like palying golf or something..ahm..ahm

but if not by firaxis it will show itself up in some other name by some other company.... so don't you worry about it.
          Without music life would be a mistake - Nietzsche
          So you think you can tell heaven from hell?
          rocking on everest

Comment

I was just thinking of how long civ 3 will «last» taking into consideration the previous editions and other games.

I think for the game to last eons it really must be highly customisable. You must be able to EASILY customize and create really different senarios, create whole new civs etc

It also must have a kick ass multiplayer capability. Not like in Civ 2 that you play multiplayer despite being a chore and slooooow because the game is so great.

Comment

Civ IIII

why not,

in 5 to 10 yrs time i am sure there will be civ IIII.

so discussion, of course, we should start a new forum now, just to keep ahead of the game

lets have the first civ IV forum on the net.
              Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
              GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

No matter how good Civ III is, we already know that some popular items on the wishlist are being left out. Once we have played Civ III for some time we will have (many different) opinions of whether they are still desirable. I know Civ III won't have enough internal events for my liking, preferring to concentrate on the Civ to Civ relationships. There will always be a justifiable reason to create a new Civ style game. It will depend whether the people holding the rights to the game licence choose to do so.
                To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                H.Poincaré

Comment

I absolutely agree. As soon as Civ3 is out we should have a Civ IV forum here, compiling a new wish list right away. We should archive the Civ3 suggestions though and having a new forum
                  "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                  "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

I think for the game to last eons it really must be highly customisable.
                    Chess is a game that has been around for eons and it's not really customisable. A good game idea is the most important factor. Civ is a good game idea and it's all down to how the chaps uses this legacy. Look at Pirates! for example, that game is still enjoyable after such a long times. Adding a lot of customisable stuff will not mean a damn **** if the game itself isn't good enough.

Comment

Civ V

Originally posted by DarkCloud

Should we?

I vote that we should.
                      why don't be even more ahead and start a Civ V forum?

Sorry!!!! Couldn't resist!!!!!!

Oh ,and what about Civ VI..........
                      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I absolut++++agree. As soon as Civ3 is out we should have a Civ IV forum here, compiling a new wish list right away. We should archive the Civ3 suggestions though and having a new forum

Exactly!!!!

It will be easier to make a good 'list' if we have a big head start, and also, if we give it to them before they have even started thinking about civ4, the ideas have a better chance of making it in.

OFFICIAL CIV4 - IDEA NO. 1
                        Has anyone ever played Shogun: Total War? Well, if you have, you know that there are two parts to it - a strategy map and a battle screen. The turn-based strategy map is nothing compared to civ, and it is not meant to be. But once you attack someone, the battle screen comes up. It is full-screen 3-D rendered map of the battlefield. If you are defending, you can place your troops anywhere on your side of the field before the battle starts. If you are attacking, you can only place them in formation. Anyway, you command the troops that you brought into the battle strategically (rts style) in order to defeat the enemy (believe me, its much more strategy than any other rts game. You can defeat armies of much greater size than yourself if you plan well). It is much more realistic and brings a new level of skill into the game. I believe that maybe it doesn't have to be so in-depth, but that you should be able to have some kind of real-time control over your units in battle in civ4.
                        *note - all of this can be automized in shogun, but sice the strat map sux, its what makes the game fun. In civ4 it should obviously be optional for people who just hate (or suck at) rts combat
                        And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Comment

Re: Civ4

Originally posted by DarkCloud

Should we?

I vote that we should.
                          Why Civ-4? After SMAC we got the beefed-up Alien crossfire addon (which contained a whole lot more then traditional Civ-2 scenario-packages). If only Civ-3 sells as expected, Im sure that we can continue debating suggestions for the extended & enhanced Civ-3 add-on.

Comment

2OneFootInTheGrave

There will never be a CivIIII. I can bet my life on it. You know why? Because there is no roman number such as IIII, its IV

Comment

Originally posted by RedWhiteArcher
                              2OneFootInTheGrave

There will never be a CivIIII. I can bet my life on it. You know why? Because there is no roman number such as IIII, its IV

Well actually on some 1940's clocks in my grandmothers house, you have IIII, instead of IV. LOL
                              Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                              GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Working...
                              X