No announcement yet.

POLL: For or against Exhausting Resources

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just let the civ 111 market sort out supply problems I'm too busy conquering the world.
    CIV 111 ? DID I MISS 3-110 ?

"I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Calm down, man!

Eli, your avatar sucks big time

Comment

Easter Island. They eventually cut down all the trees.

Trees are probably the biggest one. The Middle East used to be heavily forested.
        World fisheries are in severe decline, and the Mediterranean is almost empty of large schools of fish.
        Yes but both of those are replenishable, all that is required is a bit of conservation. Possibly introduced as an advance.
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I'd say it should only be added to the game if some of the resources are non-expendable. Things like wine, wheat, and spice can be smartly harvested to last eternally. Gold, coal, or oil, on the other hand, exist in a fixed quantity. Eventually they run out.

The game could suffer if this isn't kept a minor detail to worry about. If it becomes the focus (i.e. having to plan your game around keeping resources), it might take away from what is good about civ. I think the colony idea might be a good substitute, so I vote no.
          The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
          intelligence to few.

Comment

I'm sure firaxis has alerady decided about this matter.
            I voted non exhausting resources. Maybe I'm old fashioned

Comment

Working...
            X