Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have Civ 3 on my computer!!! I played it too!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have Civ 3 on my computer!!! I played it too!!!

Don't ask me how it got there...

All I remember is I was surfing some game reviews site about Civilization III,

I clicked a link and BANG Civ III booted up!

It's wierd, I admit it, but I asked no questions.

The game quickly booted and entered in-game!

It looked just like in the pictures, only for some reason it had a low resolution and everything was grainy!

"What are you waiting for?" You're asking.

"Crazy fool! You have Civ III and you come here instead of playing it? Go play!"

So what did I do?

I pressed ALT + TAB and started Internet Explorer to go tell you, guys!

As always apolyton wasn't working properly and I spent a helluva lot of time playing with the control panel and mainly hoping for MarkG to fix whatever was wrong.

Finally it worked! I start talking to you guys!

Then I quickly ALT + TABed to get back to Civ III thinking "How cool it would be if I can share game impressions"

The screen was black!

I ALT + TABed in and out a couple of times... no use!

Is it lost?

It worked ! Yey!

But wait... it's graying out! What's the matter? Everything is!

I shake my computer franticly only to discover I'm shaking my pillow!

NOOOO!!!!!!!

I was dreaming!!!

And instad of being smart and actually playin the game and enjoying everything I wanted it to be....

(Games don't crash or have annoying features while dreaming...)

... I came online, and spent all my luxury time on trying to inform you and spread more info.

So though I was only dreaming, one thing was proven completely.

It's not about Civilization III anymore.

It's about the Apolyton Civilization community.

And I love you guys.... even deep in my dreams... even infront of the temptation of Civ III.

This is a real story. I woke up half an hour ago and immediately started the computer to share this expereince.

I'm an addict, and I like it!

And just as I was about to come to your place and steal your computer!
    "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
    "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Its safe to say someone has been cruising the forums a little to often lately...

Funny story though
      "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
      --P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

I already started checking how much bus tickets to Haifa cost.
        "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

I think you really need some time away from civ ...

-=-NakaNaka-=-

Comment

You better believe I was as disappointed as hell when I woke up.

Comment

... its so depressing to dream of a game then wake to find that you you were in fact just dreaming.... i remember dreaming about Age of Kings...
              "Mr. Chambers! Don't get on that ship! We've mastered the book, To Serve Man.... it - its a cook book!"

Comment

*Wernazuma gets his robbery equipment back to his locker and tries to sell the ticket he already bought for the flight*
                "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

I dreamt I was playing CivIII the other night too. There were tile improvements that looked like suburbs. My border was being encroached upon by my enemy's high cultural rating. Then I woke up. Yeah, it is depressing to realize it was just a dream and the game won't be available for months. Maybe I should go take a nap...
                  "...it is possible, however unlikely, that they might find a weakness and exploit it." Commander Togge, SW:ANH

Comment

Originally posted by Eli
                    I already started checking how much bus tickets to Haifa cost.
                    of course... you didn't even go to a town 20km away from your place to meet him, just because you were scared

Comment

Ecthelion, don't tell him, but this Civ II crap is just so I can stalk him and lure him.

I am actually a highly advanced palestinain.....

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthelion

of course... you didn't even go to a town 20km away from your place to meet him, just because you were scared
                        We're talking about CIV3!

I'll go to Gaza now with the Star of David T-Shirt to get it!
                        "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

how dare you fabriacte a possible civ 3 beta.

> >
                          > <---American Bombers
                          > >

<--- Middle East

ew that came out horrible. it doesnt perserve spacing.
                          "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                          - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Thank god that ACS got rid of giving post counts in the OT. That way we can all read the great stories that are made up right here in the Civ III section. Thanks a ton guys.
                            About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Originally posted by tniem
                              Thank god that ACS got rid of giving post counts in the OT. That way we can all read the great stories that are made up right here in the Civ III section. Thanks a ton guys.
                              It was real! I really had this dream and everything went on just like I described it.

Also, I was a regular on the civ III forum since before you even registered so

However there was a time with no news so I drifted away to the OT. I do comeback now and then though....

I felt this should go here because it signifies what this community, of civ players and mostly of people who put their hopes inti Civ III mean for me.

Also, it was an opportunity to let some steam about Civ II ventilate.

And ubercrux, we can use F16 as well

(kidding)

Comment

Working...
                              X