Release date announced?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by manofthehour
    Internet sites have been known to jump the gun. They have been forced to take several items off the realse board completly. Also lets not put too much pressure for an early realse. CPT2 downfall seemed like it was just realsed to early and had too many bug. I would rather wait an extra 2 months for a better game.
    I agree!!! I would rather wait a few months to get rid of the bugs, then get it with lots of bugs in it!!!
    "What is the Matrix?" -Neo
    "The Matrix is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth." -Morpheus [The Matrix]

Comment

I wouldn't hold my breath I prefer to wait until they say the release date officially. I remember last year they said it was August 2000. Imagine having to wait another two years for it. I can right up until I end up killing myself.
      Destruction is a lot easier than construction. The guy who operates a wrecking ball has a easier time than the architect who has to rebuild the house from the pieces.--- Immortal Wombat.

Comment

starcraft (by blizzard) was delayed for almost 2 years.

and Team Fortress 2 is still missing in action.

dont get your hopes up.
        "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
        - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

I bet that it will be awhile!!!

But I still hope that it is at least this fall!!!
          "The Matrix is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth." -Morpheus [The Matrix]

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX
            starcraft (by blizzard) was delayed for almost 2 years.

and Team Fortress 2 is still missing in action.

dont get your hopes up.
            And it was the best decision Blizzard could have made. They originally just made WarCraft II with a space look. Then someone got the bright idea to add a third species and one of the most successful games ever was created.

Firaxis should take the same approach. If someone gets a great idea in the next few months do it! If the game gets delayed, oh well. I am used to game delays. I expect them. I just want the best game possible.

In five years, who will care if the game was delayed four months? However, you will care if the game came out four months early and was not a game that kept your interest. I want it to be as powerful and time consuming for me as Civ I and to a lesser extent Civ II were. If that means a delay, so be it!
            About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

As I recall, Firaxis do seem better at keeping to their release schedules than some. They are probably a bit better at project management than most.
              Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
              Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell
                As I recall, Firaxis do seem better at keeping to their release schedules than some. They are probably a bit better at project management than most.
                Well they are since they have Sid working for them!!!

I don't think that they will let us down!!!

Comment

I'm hoping the game will not emerge until they have made the best Civ-III they can make. If that means waiting until after christmas, so be it. I'm certainly going to go on trying to change their mind on things like the combat model until it has definitely, officially, indisputably gone gold
                  To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                  H.Poincaré

Comment

Alright all bets in. I'm for November 10-20 2001. anyone else?
                    Destruction is a lot easier than construction. The guy who operates a wrecking ball has a easier time than the architect who has to rebuild the house from the pieces.--- Immortal Wombat.

Comment

According to yet another preview site (which I cant remember) the release date was supposedly not until next spring....I think we should just await the official announcement from Firaxis.

Btw, my bet is: Nov 23

Comment

NO!!!

Damm,
                        please oh PLEASE FIRAXIS, say it isn't so.

With Sid Golf due this christmas you have enough work with golf-patches so please wait and polish CivIII.

Btw. Has there been a search for beta-testers already?
                        (IIRC they promised a public search for beta-testers in the old FAQ)

Hoping for Q2/2002

Comment

guys, guys, guys....

how many times must we say not to take release dates seriously unless it comes from firaxis???

the last thing we want is a rushed-out civ3....
                          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

I have to agree with the lunatic from Greece.

We definitely do not want the same disaster that customer pressure helped cause with Call to Power II. Face it -- customers share part of the blame for the poor quality in Call to Power II.

Anyway, I will wait a longer reasonable time if it means higher quality in Civilization III.
                            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Working...
                            X