Release date announced?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Release date announced?

According to Avault, the release date of CIV III is October 2001. Go to http://www.avault.com/previews/.
    Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
    Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

OMG!!! It might be shipped in three to four months!? If this is true -- then this is awesome!
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Electronics Botique is offering to let you pre order the game for 49.99 with a promised ship date of 10/16/01. Is there any way we can have this confirmed by Firaxis? I'm not all that rich that I want to spend $50 right now and not get something in return.

The pre order page, btw, follows:

Marc

Comment

tmarcl

if eb is like amazon.com then they won't charge your credit card until the game actually ships...however firaxis since firaxis hasn't said one way or the other i think it is just wishful thinking on the sites that claim to have the release date...i'm sure firaxis wants to get this out for the christmas shopping season so they have till about Nov 10 at the latest to get the game into the stores...so if u add in from 9-14 days from the game going gold to getting into stores, firaxis has till halloween to finish civ3...

well that's my best guess

korn469

Comment

I agree... The probably will release it closer to christmas then October
          Why should the present pay attention to he who always toys with the future?

Comment

Well, Christmas would be fine for me... together with the LOTR movie..

Comment

Could Firaxis be trying to surprise us? that would be nice! no unreasonable expectations now. . Firaxis, how about some either confirmation, or lots of laughing followed by "hey, that was a funny joke!" something like that? otherwise, we will be forced to speculate, and probably get all confused and then start arguing ya know. and we can't have that.
              -connorkimbro
              "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

Never get your hopes up, you're just setting yourself up to be let down.

"I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Firaxis Dan made a post a month or two ago adamantly saying that Firaxis has set no release date. He also complained about some online game stores who post release dates even when not announced. He gave an example of one company posting Sid Meier's Gettysburg: Antietem for sale for a month even after Firaxis announced that it would only be sold through their own direct sales. I'd put little weight into any specific released dates announced anywhere but on an Infrogames or Firaxis website, especially before the summer is over.

Comment

It seems to me that october will be more when the actually announce the date. The online stores are probobly desprite to start hyping a big title like CIV3. Trust me, sid meier will not ship untill he is totally satisfied and that should be late 2001.

Comment

Amazon says the release date is October 2, 2001. Check it out here.

I hope they're right!

Comment

It's possible that Firaxis told certain people things behind the scenes, like a release date, that has not been officially declared.

Avault does not sell software, so I'm not sure what the point would be for them to give an over-optimistic release date.
                        Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
                        Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

I remember trying to buy Civilization II MP Edition. Not only were the release dates wrong, but there was even an ad in the Comp USA flyer. I then learned that they print their flyers at least a month before they ship them. So that they naturally get almost all games releases wrong. Oh well, one can only wonder if this is the real date.
                          About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

It would be great if it really was getting released in october!!!

But as I know the gaming industry, the game really gets released months later, lets just hope that FIRAXIS is better at releasing games on time!!!
                            "What is the Matrix?" -Neo
                            "The Matrix is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth." -Morpheus [The Matrix]

Comment

Internet sites have been known to jump the gun. They have been forced to take several items off the realse board completly. Also lets not put too much pressure for an early realse. CPT2 downfall seemed like it was just realsed to early and had too many bug. I would rather wait an extra 2 months for a better game.

Comment

Working...
                              X