No announcement yet.

Losing Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

try lugging them accross the atlantic without getting them wet, Northern Virginnia is a long walk from London.

hey!

hang on, we could always use modern technology and I could telegram my moves over to you! or telephone them, or even... the internet.

oh yeah, doesnt work....
    Last edited by Guest; May 30, 2004, 07:07.

Comment

Nuclear Master, you should try SimCity.
      Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

I can't imagine playing anything on a laptop myself. Having a regular mouse plugged in might help.
        "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
        "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
        2004 Presidential Candidate
        2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

My interest waned a bit until I started fiddling with the editor. Adds a whole new dimension.
          "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

Originally posted by Vince278
            I can't imagine playing anything on a laptop myself. Having a regular mouse plugged in might help.
            Playing Civ on the road is what I bought my laptop for (and I do have a regular mouse).
            Seemingly Benign
            Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Same for me. Actually once you get used to the touchpad, it's not so bad. I will use every keyboard command I can remember.
              Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

NM - have you had any luck looking for a laptop yet? It's kinda hard to recommend a retailer from halfway across the world.
                Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

You can check out Dell or Gateway online.
                  "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                  "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                  2004 Presidential Candidate
                  2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

I have decided to get a desktop instead. If I am going to get a PC, I want it to play all the games I want. I want to get a Dell, but Tass thinks I am getting ripped off. My thread is in the OTF.

Comment

Nuclear Master: Dell has started shipping good gaming machines lately, price depending on whether you want a beast that will play shooters or just a work horse that can run strategy games. Your big problem on the mac with civ 3 is the lack of the move stack function, introduced in PTW and continued in Conquests.

Without it, the game became more work than fun, especially with the greater corruption factor in Civ 3 over Civ 2. At least with stack movement the game became potentially fun again. Of course, if we didn't burn out on Civ from time to time we'd all lose our jobs, flunk our classes and those of us with women would be abandoned (not that we'd notice with non-stop Civ addiction). A feature, not a bug.

Comment

Originally posted by Vince278
                        I play civ on a laptop with a mouse. Works perfectly!
                        So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
                        Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

/me pours long cold beer and wonders about civ for all but a second

still enjoying Civ - especially thanks to some great interaction in various PBEM games
                          Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                          I am of the Horde.

Comment

Originally posted by Moseleycat
                            Nuclear Master: Dell has started shipping good gaming machines lately, price depending on whether you want a beast that will play shooters or just a work horse that can run strategy games. Your big problem on the mac with civ 3 is the lack of the move stack function, introduced in PTW and continued in Conquests.

Without it, the game became more work than fun, especially with the greater corruption factor in Civ 3 over Civ 2. At least with stack movement the game became potentially fun again. Of course, if we didn't burn out on Civ from time to time we'd all lose our jobs, flunk our classes and those of us with women would be abandoned (not that we'd notice with non-stop Civ addiction). A feature, not a bug.

I don't think people bought Conquests because of stack movement

Comment

I would recomend AGAINST buying a Dell, or any manufactured PC.

The highest quality at the best price will always be found 'in the channel'. Go find a local PC store and tell them what you want your computer to do and how much money ya got to do it with. They'll build a PC to your specs. Thats a really good thing, and there is little cost cutting involved.

At the shop we have to repair more dells and compaqs then anything. THey are always going bad, even the new ones. The worst thing about them is how stripped down they are. More Often then not memory slots, PCI ports and Ecspecially AGP ports are soldered off to save costs. Looking back I am glad I always bought custom made's. Now I make them myself for people.

Laptops are another story. Laptop technology isn't readily avalible to the small-time. At least not lower end stuff. We can get high end barebones at a good cost..but that still means you'll have to pay 2000$ for a laptop. It'll be worth every cent..the question is if you need all that raw portable power..
                              RawR

Comment

Originally posted by Nuclear Master
                                I don't think people bought Conquests because of stack movement
                                I did...and it was the main reason why I plunked down the cash for it.

And they still did not get it entirely right either
                                Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
                                ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Working...
                                X