No announcement yet.

Losing Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have to remember that on 9/11 a plane crashed only a few miles down the road from Firaxis. Most every one in that part of the state knows someone who died in the event.
    Seemingly Benign
    Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Originally posted by Vince278

Like other software, most hackers feel writing Mac viruses is a waste of time.

Well, we still don't get viruses

Comment

Originally posted by Nuclear Master

Well, we still don't get viruses
        Pity, a good virus might improve them!

Warpstorms point about Firaxis and 9/11 is a good one. Terrorism is too close to us all for comfort, and a lot of people dont want it represented in a Civ game.
        "Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender B. Rodriguez

Comment

Re: Re: Re: I believe

Originally posted by Shogun Gunner

You may be correct about Firaxis' opinion on this matter. To me, the removal of "poision water supply" was a step in the wrong direction. Instead of trying to be politically correctly, more options should be added to give the game greater flavor.

to Firaxis if they took that feature out just because 9/11 occurred.
          I don't know for sure whether that's really why they removed it, but that is how it was reported in the gaming industry press at the time.
          Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
          Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
          7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Originally posted by WarpStorm
            You have to remember that on 9/11 a plane crashed only a few miles down the road from Firaxis. Most every one in that part of the state knows someone who died in the event.
            Actually, Firaxis HQ is a good distance away from the Pentagon (though that may just be from my perspective, since I live about 2 miles from the Pentagon) and I doubt most of the people there personally knew people killed in the attack there. That said, the PROFOUND impact that 9/11 had on the psyche of this metropolitan area in its aftermath cannot be discounted.
            Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
            Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
            7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Re: Re: Re: I believe

Originally posted by Shogun Gunner
              to Firaxis if they took that feature out just because 9/11 occurred.
              Ditto the concept of Fundamentalism too...
              -Sir T

Comment

I find myself ready to play some rts like RON or AOE from time to time but I always come back to Civ and still find it fresh for the most part. The mechanics of the game are the stable background upon which different strategies are played out just as it is in chess. It may be because I didn’t discover Civ till Civ III but there is still a lot I want to do with this game. I haven’t even done the conquests yet but I want to become more proficient at Sid before I go there. I’ve never played out a game as Zulu or English. I’ve never played a Demi game and multi is an almost untouched world just waiting to be explored. Bored with Civ? Not yet anyway.
                The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

Anatole France

Comment

Bored, no, but I have finally broke out my WC3 and played some.

Comment

I have decided to start a game as the Persians!

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
                      Bored, no, but I have finally broke out my WC3 and played some.
                      A good game with some great graphics. I hope Civ IV adds a little eye candy.
                      The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

Anatole France

Comment

CivIII is not THAT bad looking

Comment

CivIII is not THAT bad looking
                          Then why is it we have so much trouble introducing her to our families?

Anatole France

Comment

Originally posted by Drachen

Then why is it we have so much trouble introducing her to our families?

Because it's a computer game?

Comment

Because it's a computer game?
                              Not at all. It's our damned preoccupation with beauty. I know whereof I speak since I have outgrown all of my own and I tell you that C3C is just like the Gorilla in Cabaret. Only known when you love her well. Hmmm…I’ve refuted my original point.

Anatole France

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: I believe

Originally posted by ceroomaster
                                Ditto the concept of Fundamentalism too...
                                Fundy was out from the beginning. It was broken gameplay wise.
                                Seemingly Benign
                                Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Working...
                                X