Losing Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Losing Interest

I recently have been losing interest in Civilization. I'm not sure what it is, because I do have time to play. I think it may be because I am a mac user and therefore I am not able to get any of the expansion packs namely Conquests. Anyone else having this problem?

Mac user? How quaint.

Comment

How is that quaint?

Comment

well, conquests pumped a little life and interest back into the game, but if you are bored of it, I don't think the expansions' fun will last too long.

I know what you mean although I can't explain the feeling either.
        While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuclear Master
          How is that quaint?
          One definition is unusual or unfamiliar in character. When you consider the number of non mac users to mac users, I think that qualifies.

To be quaint, is not to be bad, only unusual or unfamiliar.

Comment

It was still spam then

Comment

I too know what you mean about losing interest. I have completely lost interest in playing the SP version of the game. I've even lost interest in a couple of the democracy games I was a part of. I still play my PBEMs and am active in a couple of democracy games, but that's about it now.

Comment

The wierd this is though, is the fact that I am more interested in participating in the DG's. I think it's because I have never played multiplayer before.

Comment

Also a Mac user, I bought a Windoze machine a couple weeks before C3 (vanilla) came out, and all I do on it is play the game and edit the rules. Working on removing the artillery units and replacing them with stronger assault units to see if the AI will do better.

(Even an 800MHz G4 iMac is so much better than a 1.3GHz p4 windoze xp machine -- except for civvin', of course).

Comment

Damn Steve Jobs!

Comment

Owning a Mac is more of a lifestyle choice, like being gay. It appeals to a few for some reason despite price and software availability (Mac ownership that is ).
                      "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                      "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                      2004 Presidential Candidate
                      2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

You could pick up a cheap Windows machine for game playing.
                        Seemingly Benign
                        Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

A cheap machine won't be enough for civ3.

Comment

Try going to another game for awhile. I am currently bashing the Russians in the old East Front game after getting into a Civ rut myself.

It seemed like all of my games started to play the same way ending in spaceship victory (launched in year 1888 once!). I know you can change victory conditions and will do that in the future.

What happens with me is that I find a winning strategy and stick with it until I become bored. So I play another game for a couple of weeks and come back ready to try different civ characteristics and more importantly, different strategy.

Comment

Originally posted by Vince278
                              Owning a Mac is more of a lifestyle choice, like being gay. It appeals to a few for some reason despite price and software availability (Mac ownership that is ).

Maybe for asthetic reasons, the fact that you can't get all these crappy viruses, more user-friendly, it hardly ever freezes, and it has better programs for the work place.

Comment

Working...
                              X