Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to combat: pollution, global warming and corruption?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to combat: pollution, global warming and corruption?

As the title says, how to combat: pollution, global warming and corruption?

Pollution: no way?

Global Warming: plant trees out of the city square, so global warming will take these trees out first to save the rest of the city?

Corruption: change Government? Communism or Fascism?

making drastic changes in the editor works for me.

Comment

Pollution you can combat in the Modern era with Mass Transit and Recycling Centers.

Global Warming: Trees work. Otherwise just live with the terrain change.

Corruption: change out of despotism certainly. And make sure to build the FP. Communism is good for large empires.

Comment

Yes I agree with Whoha's straight forward brilliance; mod to your own tastes, goodness knows there are more exciting things to do than clean up orange goo!
        Last edited by Antrine; May 17, 2004, 22:46.
        The Graveyard Keeper
        Of Creation Forum
        If I can't answer you don't worry
        I'll send you elsewhere

Comment

Thanks for the inputs!

what is 'FP'?

I am not good at editing, but anyway, it looks like the way to go.

Comment

FP=Forbidden Palace.

Comment

restrict polution by limiting production of shields. to clean up create lots of workers....
              GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Best thing to do against pollution, global warming and the late game tedium as a whole is to finish the game during the middle ages. Nothing else will help.

Smart city placement and the right city improvements can do a lot against corruption. There are many threads about it in the Strategy forum, check the topped threads for links. Look out for the name "alexman".

Comment

i tend to findmore tedium in middle ages while i await the develpent of better units... once i got tanks or better modern armour i put my workers on auto and just goto war !!!!!
                  GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Originally posted by jamesyao
                    Thanks for the inputs!

what is 'FP'?

I am not good at editing, but anyway, it looks like the way to go.
                    The Editor looks difficult at first but its nice and easy. Note that any changes you make wont affect any current saves though, you'll need to start a new game
                    "Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender B. Rodriguez

Comment

Pollution is only a tedium issue if you've got the sorts of numbers of workers you should that late in the game.

Notice that Courthouses and Police stations actually have an appreciable effect no matter how far away the city is in C3C.
                      Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                      The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Note on pollution: if you do have hordes of workers and you're done with terrain improvements, and you're not at war (at least not on the same continent as the hordes of workers), just automate them with SHIFT+A. The SHIFT will instruct them not to change existing mines or irrigation or chop any terrain, and so they will have nothing to do except go to and clean up pollution. (If there is no pollution to clean up, they'll find a city to skip their turn in)

This doesn't solve the hassle of re-doing WF, but it does help with time spent on commanding workers.

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
                          Pollution is only a tedium issue if you've got the sorts of numbers of workers you should that late in the game.

Notice that Courthouses and Police stations actually have an appreciable effect no matter how far away the city is in C3C.
                          Due to the fact they have always been practically worthless, I have never built said courthouses/police stations. Do you consider them to now be worth the hassle/maintenance?
                          "Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender B. Rodriguez

Comment

Gee, any improvement is worth the freight when one goes into the editor and starts ticking away. Especially cost effective, if they spit out a nice unit now and again and super, super nice when that choice unit just happens to be maintenance free!
                            The Graveyard Keeper
                            Of Creation Forum
                            If I can't answer you don't worry
                            I'll send you elsewhere

Comment

well, for a real big city, I say >15 population, it's very hard to both stop it's population growing (because of the unhappiness) and reduce it's production at the same time, in terms of terrain improvements. I mean you either irrigate it or mine it, maybe it's better not to do any terrain improvement at all

Comment

Working...
                              X