No announcement yet.

Civ 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just wish some news would come trough now and then. Just once a month, so I can live in a hype for 1,5 years.

The hype is the most fun before a game gets released. It's in fact even more fun than playing the game itself.

Provide to the hype
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

the civ 4 list thread is currently being updated and DarkCloud leading the charge to get the "wish list" together in aformat to give Firaxis ...
      GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

I love their enthusiasm, but my guess is that not many were involved in the CIV3 wish list and discussions.
        Last edited by SpencerH; May 18, 2004, 09:43.
        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
        If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
        Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

@CyberShy: Hype is bad for you. It contributes to cardiovascular disease.
          Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
          The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by WarpStorm
            I would assume that since a date hasn't been announced that it is Xmas '05 or later.
            I'd say it will be more like Xmas 06. They've only just started with the planning after all. An expansion pack is feasible in one year, a new game starting from scratch isn't.

Comment

Is it likely to be a totally new game, or are they more likely to take the base code of Civ3 and modify it?
              "Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender B. Rodriguez

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
                @CyberShy: Hype is bad for you. It contributes to cardiovascular disease.
                and/or disappointment when you finally get to play...
                -Sir T

Comment

Originally posted by spy14
                  Is it likely to be a totally new game, or are they more likely to take the base code of Civ3 and modify it?
                  From what I've read, many of the problems in Civ 3 come about because they were using some of the old code from Alpha Centauri. You can still see some references to that game in some of the text files. So it's probably going to be necessary to start from scratch.

Comment

Working...
                  X