new player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new player

Hello everyone...I got the game for Christmas and have been practicing my strategy..how do you guys hook up for a game online? Someone told me gamespy but that looked like it cost money...am itching to lose to real people...lol..thanks for the help

Nope, you can get Gamespy for free. Just use the installer that comes with PTW or conquests (as vanilla Civ3 doesn't have multiplayer capabilities). It's the plus version of gamespy that costs money, but IMO it's not really worth the cost.
    I AM.CHRISTIAN

Comment

I have not been there, but I would think the MP forum here is a place to check out. You could get some games hosted privately.

Comment

If you're unfortunate enough to have my modem, it may turn out to be a pain (rockwell something ). Has this annoying habit of wiping out the connection outright
        It's all my territory really, they just squat on it...!
        She didn't declare war on me, she's just playing 'hard to get'...

Comment

Watch gamespy around any malware software. Its often picked up as a spybot and deleting the detected files will mean a re-install

I'm sure the Civ3 supplied software will be clear of these bots, but beware getting gamespys software from dodgy sources, as some bots may well be written into the code.

Note that its NOT the original gamespy software creators who write these bots in. Unlike certain others I could mention.
          "Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender B. Rodriguez

Comment

One of the reasons I don't do online gaming that much any more.
            "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
            "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
            2004 Presidential Candidate
            2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

launching civ 3 ptw in multiplayer mode take syou into the GS lobby. you can organsie via a chat progrma like ICQ, MSN or Yahoo to meet a t acertain time to play a friend etc.

or you can do direct ip conenctions if you know the hosts ip addy...
              GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Working...
              X