No announcement yet.

Opening strategies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a P3 500 Mhz and I could take off to drink tea btwn turns (huge map, 4 or 5 civs, later part of the game). Now with my P4 2,66Mhz 1GB RAM it takes considerably less but I had to make adjustments to my tea habits

So long...
    Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
    Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
    Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

Comment

Originally posted by Doc
      Opera does for sure, and possibly Mozilla does as well.
      Yep, so does firefox.

Get it if you like a fast, small brouwser that does the job as good, if not better then the others.
      Before firefox, I never used anything besides IE, each time I open it now, I can't belief I stuck with it for so long...

I personally didn't like Opera because of all the fluff, but I can others liking it.
      -

I had a P3 500 Mhz and I could take off to drink tea btwn turns (huge map, 4 or 5 civs, later part of the game). Now with my P4 2,66Mhz 1GB RAM it takes considerably less but I had to make adjustments to my tea habits

Do as normal computer people do..., drink Coke !!
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Hehe this reminds me of Colonisation on my Amiga. I used to read between turns at the end of the game.

Still great though.

Comment

Ahhh, Firefox was previously known as Firebird... that's what I was thinking of. Cool! Downloading now (very important for the playing of AU 502!).
          The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Wow that was FAAAAST!
            The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Comment

Firefox officially rocks.

Comment

What I've found that usually makes turns take obnoxiously long amounts of time to compute for the AI is a lot of wars. One time I was playing as the Dutch, and I looked at my foreign advisor because the turns were taking a while, and I saw that there were 7 wars going on at once! (I normally play a huge 60% water pangaea regent difficulty 12 civ bloodbath). With these settings the turns don't usually start taking a while until a world war starts in the industrial era
                "When I was 18, my father was the dumbest man in the world. He sure learned a lot by the time I was 24."

-Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                X