Single City Cultural Victory Possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Uber KruX
    i did an emperor occ as greece once, but i restarted a few times to find a fabolous start (and it was).
    yeah, need that fantastic start for an upper level occ.

no shame in that, is there?

Comment

Nope. Always gotta have the following: River, coast, luxury resource, and hills.
      Visit First Cultural Industries
      There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
      Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by asleepathewheel

good god

all 31 (32) civs? per level? zounds.
        yes i always play a differnt civ eachh game to get a fun feel for the game..
        GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
          Rasputin I just noticed the Spanish forum and I am surprised you have not mentioned it.

It has more post than all the forums for AC combined and not too far behind all of the CivII forums. That would seem to be incredible.

hmmm maybe i need to learn anlother langauge....

but apart from that , i dont see you relevance

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley
            Nope. Always gotta have the following: River, coast, luxury resource, and hills.
            is this everyones definition of a good start.?? if i was to try a OCC ..... and how long does it taske in play hours to complete

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputin
              maybe now, but i guwess someone will find some loophiles to exploit it soon enouggh, same as i n civ 2
              Possible, but I have extreme doubts for Sid. Already at emperor you need a good start and some luck later on as well. Civ3 just doesn't lend itself to 1 perfect city.........relatively ineffective SSC, 4 turn research cap, resource luck needed, AI not malleable through tech gifting, the list is quite long.

Comment

OCC takes a couple hours or so to play, definitely a one-sitting game.
                Visit First Cultural Industries
                There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Won a cultural victory on emperor with the Babs on AU 302 (?) - well, the OCC AU, then kept playing and won space race too. Thread should still be around in the strat forum (check the index). A lot of cultural wins in that one.
                  A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

a couple of hours????? geeeez i normaly still in BC time after a few hours play...

will have to see if i can finda downloadable log of a OCC win to see if io can follow it and play the same...

Comment

It's pretty easy. Many turns end with just a "pray".

There was a decent guide kicking around also a while back.........most of it is still applicable to C3C.

Comment

i guess not much happens most turns

Comment

Working...
                        X