Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holy Cow. Elite Ancient Cavalry can't produce MGL's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy Cow. Elite Ancient Cavalry can't produce MGL's?

I was playing as the Germans last night. I got the Zeus wonder that produces Ancient Cavalry. I just got the game 4 days ago so I just found this out. Ancient Cavalry do not produce MGL's.

I fought well over a hundred battles with elite ancient cavalry units..I started counting them after no MGL had appeared for many battles.

So I had secured the continent and had planned on getting an MGL for my forbidden palace..after it became clear that Ancient Cavalry simply do not ever produce MGLs I restarted.

It wasn't in the civilopedia. I checked the ancient cavalry unit description and scoured the civilopedia.

If MGLs do appear from Ancient Cavalry units then this is a hardcore bug.

BTW there is no way this is just chance it is a statistical impossibility to not get at least one MGL after 150-200 battles with elites.

It simply was impossible to generate an MGL with these units. I'm a Civ vet who plays militaristic most of the time so I know all about MGL generation. I believe it is 1 in 17 average.

If this is a bug..fix it please firaxis! If not then please list this in the civilopedia with the next patch. It's a big ommision.

Guys let me know if I missed something cause I am kind of confused here and need an answer. So yay or nay? Are Ancient Cavalry able to create MGLs?

If not the Zeus wonder just went from the top of my list....to the bottom.
    Last edited by Artifex; December 22, 2003, 16:59.

Anyone know anything about this?

Comment

Have some patience, you've only given us an hour

Seeing that I don't play C3C, I can't help you...it might have been a better idea to post this in the Civ3-Conquests forum
      meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

I'm shocked. I haven't fought enough with elite ancient cav to draw this conclusion. I would be very interested in the answer...
        Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

I'm curious is this is a design desicion or an oversight. It might be too powerful to have a free type unit make great leaders. yes I know they aren't exactly free, but you get my drift.

Comment

Holy Cow. Elite Ancient Cavalry can't produce MGL's?

I'm pretty sure they can, not putting any on it mind you but still pretty sure they can.
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

i've gotten a GL from ancient cav. i have no proof/screenshot/save to show it though

i just remember seeing the renamed ancient cav in the army I made with that GL.

sometimes you'll never get a GL, no matter how many battles you win...

Comment

Artifex I thought I had produced one form AC, but I could be wrong. The thing is that I woudl not agree with two things you said.

1- 150-200 battle proves it

It seems to me that it is how many battles a given elite unit has, not how many you have had in the game. I would agree it would be scary, but what is the standard deviation?

2- SoZ drops to the bottom of the list.

What? I think you are over reacting here. If Firaxis came out and stated you will never get a leader from AC, I would still be very happy to have that wonder.

Comment

What'S a Zeus wonder? Somekind of new one I dont know about?....Sheesh....I feel like a newb and I've been playing this game since it came out...

Spec.
                  -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

its a statue of zeus and creates a military unit for you every 5 turns (in this case, ancient cavalry, eg beefed up horsemen)

Comment

WTF!?!?! I dont have that in my Civ3! Is that an adon or something?

Spec.
                      -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

I have also produced a MGL from an A-Cav unit.

Statistically speaking, with a 1/32 chance (assuming you're not militaristic and haven't got the HE) you've got about a 1/e^5 chance - so about 1/150 - of not getting one in 160 elite wins.

Unlikely? Maybe. 'Impossible''? Not even close.

Comment

Conquests, Spec, Conquests

It's on sale now...Amazon.com surely you have sold enough cars to afford a slew of Civilization add ons!
                          Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

80% sure I have got MGLs with ACavs before. After all in that game I got 6 MGLs by 500AD and I was attacking almost exclusively with ACavs!

There are runs of really bad luck with MGL generation, and they tend to be just as you are expecting one.....

Connection? Perhaps.
                            Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

ahem.
                              Attached Files
                              it's just my opinion. can you dig it?

Comment

Working...
                              X