Civ Lifestyles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Putting Civ before social life isn't good
    I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Tall Stranger

Save time. Combine the two.
      I should try that. May improve my game that way!
      signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by Cookie Monster

I should try that. May improve my game that way!
        It's actually pretty funny to do. You start off sober and careful, building a good base of power in the early game. By the Middle Ages, you start forgetting to check what every city is building and wind up with a bunch of colluseums and cathedrals in size 4 towns. Come the Industrial Age, you're three sheets to the wind, screaming obscenities at the AI figureheads, and thinking that a war against all the AI at once sounds like a good idea.

At least, that's what I've heard.
        They don't get no stranger.
        Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.
        "We will not tire, we will not falter, and we will not fail." George W. Bush

Comment

It's actually pretty funny to do. You start off sober and careful, building a good base of power in the early game. By the Middle Ages, you start forgetting to check what every city is building and wind up with a bunch of colluseums and cathedrals in size 4 towns. Come the Industrial Age, you're three sheets to the wind, screaming obscenities at the AI figureheads, and thinking that a war against all the AI at once sounds like a good idea.

At least, that's what I've heard.

Comment

The only safe stage to play when *wrecked* is in the Modern Era... a sh*tload of MAs make the game very, uh, forgiving.

Civ lifestyle... heck with that, what about DG LIFESTYLE!!

(Note of explanation: for those not involved, there are several democracy games floating around, both single and multi-player. Those damn things are lifetakers and heartbreakers... throw on top of that some SP, the AU, C3C's release...)
            Last edited by Theseus; November 25, 2003, 21:04.
            The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

I'm married so...
              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

My girlfriend actually enjoys the game but isn't much for the detailed handling of it... so when I don't have alone time to play my own empires, we sort of cooperate. Ostensibly it's "her" game and I act as advisor and operator. Basically this amounts to me playing, as she sits near me playing "bejeweled" on a PDA and making the big decisions. She pays more attention when there are battles going on or when negotiating with other leaders.

Comment

you should try 'strip civ'
                  Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

The problem with playing Civ with the girlfriend is that the game never gets finished

At the moment Civ on a Fri/Sat is a viable cheap alternative to going out. Being a poor student results in options like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                      you should try 'strip civ'
                      yeah for every city that is lost an article of clothing must be removed.

Comment

Save time. Combine the two.
                        That gives me an idea on how to make MOO3 a better game.
                        "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                        "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                        2004 Presidential Candidate
                        2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Originally posted by Cookie Monster
                          yeah for every city that is lost an article of clothing must be removed.
                          I can imagine the results of a massive nuclear exchange.
                          "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                          "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)

Comment

if it wasn't for civ I'd probably have 8 children by now

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                              if it wasn't for civ I'd probably have 8 children by now
                              I have 6 and play Civ.

Comment

lol, but seriously, Civ3 eases my anger - unless I'm trying Deity

Comment

Working...
                                X