Civ Lifestyles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ Lifestyles

I don't know ifthis should have been in civ3 general, but I figured since C3C is the latest, this might be the place.

I was wondering about the true level of civ lovin' going on here amongst you guys and gals.

I mean, how many of you singles out there find yourself more interested in playing civ on a friday or saturday night instead of going out?

And if married, is civ your escape?

If you are single, do you trash civ in favor of going out? or is civ something that makes you want to stay in?

and i'm not talking about singles that have girl/boyfriends.

do those of you who have no "attachments" find yourselves staying in on weekend nights for pc games instead of going out to "find someone"?

don't know what i'm getting at here...maybe this is OT.
    While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

I only leave my home to get food or new computer parts.
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Probably OT, but I have someone and I am too old to look for another, so I am keeping her. Plus she went to Laughlin for 4 days and left me with my PC, yahoo.

Comment

too old to look for another?

i hope she doesn't read this...heh..she might mis interpret it
        While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

Re: Civ Lifestyles

Originally posted by vee4473
          That sounds about right. It also satisfies my urge to take over the world.
          "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
          "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
          2004 Presidential Candidate
          2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

I play Civ when I can, in between time with my girlfriend and friends. Inevitably this means you don't Civ as much as when you are 18, and Civ2 is released.

But I still manage to get a fair amount in I'd say.......and posting from work in the week helps.

Comment

My girlfriend often works different shifts to me... so I get a healthy balance of both
              "Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender B. Rodriguez

Comment

I'm married to civ.
                I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Playing Civ is one of the best ways to relax. Somehow, I always find myself forgetting my concerns when playing Civ... and yes, I have many times had the experience of seeing 5 hours pass when I thought I've only been playing for an hour!
                  Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                  I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I try to maintain a sane balance. Every drinking binge is followed by a civ binge.
                    CSPA

Comment

Playing Civilization isn't as high a priority as being socially active.

I'm sorry..

Comment

Originally posted by Verto
                        Playing Civilization isn't as high a priority as being socially active.

I'm sorry..
                        BURN THE HERETIC!!!

I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Re: Civ Lifestyles

Originally posted by vee4473
                          I mean, how many of you singles out there find yourself more interested in playing civ on a friday or saturday night instead of going out?

I flirt with Theodora on Saturday night. Speaking of which...I got a hot date with a certain Byzantine right about now...

Hope my wife doesn't find out
                          Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Re: Re: Civ Lifestyles

Originally posted by Vince278

That sounds about right. It also satisfies my urge to take over the world.
                            Same here too!
                            signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangerolf
                              I try to maintain a sane balance. Every drinking binge is followed by a civ binge.
                              Save time. Combine the two.
                              They don't get no stranger.
                              Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.
                              "We will not tire, we will not falter, and we will not fail." George W. Bush

Comment

Working...
                              X