No announcement yet.

Hullo fellas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, My FP is in the middle of my land in the western continent somewhere. Surprisingly, I'm doing quite well (considering the size of my Empire) and am top of the world I've still not been in any wars, but I've got loads of luxuries from other civs and everyone likes me. I've got lots of cavalry on my borders but what to do... take advantage of weak China or ally with them to weaken India (purple)? They seem to be holding their own against Gandhi's revenge, and the three of us are about equal on science and strength (Gandhi's a tad bit stronger in that regard).Oh yeah, I'm playing a Regent game.

Another Q. What do you guys go for first, steam power and railroads, or sanitation and hospitals?
    Last edited by Twelvebottoms; November 21, 2003, 12:47.
    The Future of Sim Racing

Comment

Railroads!!
      I don't even bother with hospitals unless I get in a peace-deal or something.

First beat on the weak, then get the big-one (you can create a nice little bottleneck)
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by alva
        Railroads!!
        I don't even bother with hospitals unless I get in a peace-deal or something.
        Same here. I don't remember the last time I actually researched Sanitation.
        "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
        "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
        "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Tb, you need to prioritize getting a rail network in place ASAP.

Looks like you are comin' on strong!!
          The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Rail is of utmost improtance, especially if you hav eother civs still on your continent, but een if not, the extras that rail give to each tile is worth it too.
            GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Steam to get RR so I can defend my empire with fewer troops.
              Sanitation I get to as soon as I dare to do it. I may go for it before Scientic, if I am sure the AI can't beat me to the ToE. Having the wonder building city get extra pop is going to help build all the wonders that show up then.

Comment

Railroads, copy that

I've got a military alliance with Gandhi and I've captured 3 important Chinese cities. Progress is good but I can't help notice the AI is somehow holding back and using some absurd tactics, also, I've found cannons next to useless - it was only a fluke that one of them managed to destroy the barracks in an isolated Chinese city that was defended by an army, a city that I absolutely HAD to capture before Gandhi could. I've got loads of cash and upgrades are quick. Bargaining with the other civs have been very fruitful and seeing as how I started on an island, my pirates and galleons rule the seas. I liked pirating in Colonization

I think this is the best version of Civ I've ever played.
                Attached Files
                The Future of Sim Racing

Comment

I've got a massive army and navy, I've captured 4 GWs, China, England and Egypt are no more, I've got Thebes on the eastern continent.

Why is planting a spy impossible?
                  The Future of Sim Racing

Comment

Well, I won the vote for Secretary General, and got over 2100 points. Thanks guys.
                    Attached Files
                    The Future of Sim Racing

Comment

Woo hoo!!!
                      The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Comment

Good show, I see you like tanks. Grog will approve.

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
                          Good show, I see you like tanks. Grog will approve.
                          Grog would have liked to see them Tanks put to a good use.

Nonetheless, Great Job Twelvebottoms! and REX stands for Rapid EXpansion, The opening phase of the game. Its characterised as a time for scouting and laying out your initial city sites. A good REX phase can give you a leg up on the AI (depending on your difficulty level). Remember: The greatest land is the land you don't have to fight for.
                          * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
                          * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
                          * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
                          * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

Well yes, my tanks certainly did a lot of ass kicking, but only produced one GL. I've gotten to grips with REX phase, but found that more often than not I have the worst starting position in the world, and have to quit around about AD. Been pretty unlucky and wasted a lot of time. I'm quite pleased with the above game as not only did I start on an island and had to beeline to mapmaking, but I missed out on the Great Library.
                            The Future of Sim Racing

Comment

Tb, what was the point of the Tanks north of the Maginot Line?

Also, I don;t see any Radar Towers... by the time I have RRed everything, I usually like to get rid of my native Workers this way, especially if I have a defensive line as you do.

Comment

Can you do something about Iraq please Mr Sec Gen.
                                Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Working...
                                X