Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what are the benefits of seafaring and agriculture?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what are the benefits of seafaring and agriculture?

I've looked and can't find the answer. I don't have Conquests yet.

Ag gets Pottery (or Masonry). The base city squares produce 1 additional food. Irrigated deserts produce extra food. Cheaper Aqueducts/Recycle/Solar.

Comment

Seafaring start with Alphabet (or Pottery). Will tend to have coastal starts. Cities on coast get abonus commerce in the base city square.
      They have a reduce chance of sinking at sea before Astronomy.
      Cheaper Coastal Forts/Harbor/Offshore and Comm Docks. Ships move faster.

Comment

Thank you. I won't have to time to play until after finals but I'm looking forward to it.

Comment

Question: Is the agriculture +1 food city square bonus subject to the despotism penalty? If so, it's really not much of a benefit in the early game, although the desert bonus would be nice. I would have guessed cheaper granaries would be part of Ag too.

Comment

You get 3 for the capital and cities on rivers. With good land your expansion is like **** off a shovel.

Seafaring will get patched from the way it is now.......suicide runs across the ocean to make contacts are too easy to carry out.

Comment

Originally posted by gunkulator
              Question: Is the agriculture +1 food city square bonus subject to the despotism penalty? If so, it's really not much of a benefit in the early game, although the desert bonus would be nice. I would have guessed cheaper granaries would be part of Ag too.
              Yes it is subject to the Government penalty. The desert bonus IS great - just been using it.

The cheaper Granaries does sound intuitive, but then it also sounds a bit unbalancing -perhaps they decided against it during testing?
              Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt

Yes it is subject to the Government penalty.
                The capital and cities on rivers get 3 though.

Comment

Working...
                X