To Forum or Not to Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rasputin
    well as conquest sis always dleayed somewhat in release down under i will have to read the forums first s tha tis all i will have access to.
    This time you are not alone.

Due to the accelerated schedule for release, a lot of people won't have it for a while.

I called all over today in my city, no store had the game. Next Tuesday is the earliest prospect, and I'm not hopeful for that.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I will probably be checking the Forum as I want to get up to speed quickly for all the PBEMs and DemoGames I've already committed to.

Comment

I certainly will, being in an even worse situation than Rasputin, as the game has to reach Oz first, before being shipped to me in NZ around the 18th!

Although I take the point about working out your own strats, you don't need to use strats you read about, and I have successfully upped my difficulty of play in PtW thanks to DGs and the Strat forum, which actually enhanced the fun I was having, as I had to change my strategy depending on the difficulties I was facing. Much more satisfying if you have a whole lot of ways to approach a challenge rather than being frustrated over and over.

After all, that's exactly what writing is for - to pass on already learned information so the rest of us can keep pushing beyond that.
        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

I'll sure will read the threads here while I wait. I might have to wait untill Christmas, since I have some other games I'm waiting on, but then I'll have the possibility to get a more polished game AND more freetime.
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I would have voted had there been an 'all of the above' option. I plan on playing and reading and playing and reading and...
            Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

I like to read about the cool new things they put in the game, and about the errors that should be patched, though that makes me somewhat sad.

Comment

There's no banana option...

Comment

I haven't bought a turn-based strategy game since I got burned with Civ:CTP (although I did get some fun out of it). I'll watch the general concensus and delve into finer details if it turns sour. My viewpoint will be somewhat different, since I, as of yet, don't own Civ3.

Comment

Civilization series != Ctp series.

Comment

I don;t think you mean Civ series = CtP series, sky.

They ahve the same name and broadly similar features, but very different gameplay and each has a very unique style.
                      Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Not to mention creators.

Comment

Working...
                        X