No announcement yet.

Trading for resources problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is something I do all the time. Trade for a tech to get riflemen or some other thing I feel I need and switch build to that or upgrade.

Comment

By the way, I discovered Steam Power in my second C3C game way before anyone else, and guess what? Sumeria is willing to trade coal to me without having the Steam Power tech.
      Either they got Steam Engine at some point by the time they offered it to you or you ahve found a bug.

As to the original problem I cannot remember if I have ever successfully given a tech to an AI so I can trade for their surplus resources the same turn. Has anyone else managed this? It is possible the AI doesn't notice the resources until it's next turn, or that this is another bug.

And yep, I have been going to the Domestic advisor screen often immediately after discovering a tech - usually to change science rates for the best rate possible (no benefit to be gained from doing this now as opposed to later in my turn), but sometimes to head off Disorder. Also, if you get a city that builds something/goes into disorder, if you zoom in and try to go the the F1 screen it will not work until all the cities are checked. If however you click on the arrow buttons next to the cityname when in the city screen, you can tour your citites and stop any disorder/change any builds in cities that have not been processed yet. I do this often because I am lazy and rarely check my cities every turn for disorder, so when I get one in trouble I check the rest.
      Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Originally posted by Tall Stranger
        The same way you can change your build after receiving a tech from another civ.
        I guess I didn't clarify - *nobody* had Astronomy....

Comment

If England discovered Astronomy that turn, and someone else beat them to another wonder during the AI city build phase, they could have switched to Copernicus.
          Last edited by Stuie; November 11, 2003, 15:12.
          "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
          "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
          "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

I guess that might be it (still doesn't explain the Coal situation though )

Comment

geniemalin, sorry for stupid question, but... Do you see at least the line "Resources" either in your or AI part of negoatiation screen? Is it collapsed or open?

Maybe you just forget to open it and do not see it. AFAIK, if AI has any resourse or luxury that you do not have you can see Coal(0) or Iron(0) etc. (number in brackets is number available to trade). I think this line should be visible even if AI trades from somebody else for resourse you do not have.

NB. When AI makes trades for resources or luxuries, it makes no distinction between unconnected resource in its territory and no resource.

Comment

Working...
              X