Help me make this game more fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grim Legacy
    I do agree that the designers could have made live easier by allowing the player to move stacks of units though.
    You can move stacks of units by pressing "J" or by clicking the on-screen button "move stack".
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor

You can move stacks of units by pressing "J" or by clicking the on-screen button "move stack".
      Oh, that's new to me... I'll check it out tonight.

Is there a reference of handy key commands somewhere? I have the impression that there is some functionality in Civ3 hidden behind undocumented shortcuts.

Comment

Well, there are a great many on-screen buttons if you play PtW (the "move stack" on-screen button only exists in PtW IIRC- the stack feature appeared in January 2002, so you need to have your Vanilla Civ3 patched).

I remember having seen a hotkey reference somewhere, but I can't say where. I remeber there were quite a few lacks in the British PtW manual though.
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Here is a document with hotkeys and other things. I used it for vanilla Civ3 but I suppose there is a more recente version for PTW. Sorry, but I can not remember where I found it.

Edited:
          He! What the hell!??
          I can not attach my PDF file nor delete this message.
          Nym
          "Der Krieg ist die bloße Fortsetzung der Politik mit anderen Mitteln." (Carl von Clausewitz, Vom Kriege)

Comment

Under Preferences, there is a selection for "show all unit actions" - or something like that. I believe it is off by default. Check the box and you'll see a whole new set of options including all worker automation options.

Comment

Thanks for the tip. I am playing the vanilla game currently. //edit:// well, the magic "J" key worked, but no unit option appears as button, nor under left-click. There is also no option in the preferences screen. I'm using v1.29f, which is the final version I believe.

Nym- could you try again? Such a doc would be very nice to have.

Comment

I know where I have found it now! Have a look here.
                Nym
                "Der Krieg ist die bloße Fortsetzung der Politik mit anderen Mitteln." (Carl von Clausewitz, Vom Kriege)

Comment

Thanks Nym. It's for an older version, but I suppose not too many things have changed in the mean time.

Comment

Be sure to check the Apolyton directory. There are many hidden treasuries to be found here.
                    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I dont have PtW, and can't see buying it this close to conquests release. I guess I have another month or so of click-click-clicking.

Comment

Originally posted by alva
                        Be sure to check the Apolyton directory. There are many hidden treasuries to be found here.
                        Hehe I was browsing it already... and "logged in as Nym"

Comment

Originally posted by Grim Legacy

Hehe I was browsing it already... and "logged in as Nym"
                          Damn!!!!
                          Are you really sure to be logged as me?? If yes it is what is called a security hole.
                          Nym

Comment

Originally posted by Nym

Damn!!!!
                            Are you really sure to be logged as me?? If yes it is what is called a security hole.
                            Yeah... it says so in the top right corner. Not on the forums though- as you can see I am posting under my own nick.

Comment

In fact I do not see within the URL my userID. So I do not understand how it can be written 'Logged as Nym'.

Webmaster? Is there an Apolyton webmaster to explain that?
                              Nym

Comment

Working...
                              X