No announcement yet.

Stealth bomber shot down by Spitfire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, one was shot down (OK, not B2 but F117, similar thing) during the 1999 Yugoslav campaign

Comment

How many stealth aircraft have we lost altoghther? I cant think of any others. they need to do lots of things with battles. I would like to see a similar unit systym from rise of nations where certin units are better aginst other certin units.This would add much realisim and allow many new units to be put into the game.(excues my terrible spelling)
      Absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Originally posted by Elias
        How many stealth aircraft have we lost altoghther?
        The only combat loss anounced to the public was the F-117 over Yugo, which was reportedly shot down by a Soviet built SA-6 SAM.
        "It takes you years to learn how to play like yourself." Miles Davis

Comment

FYI: The US has (understandably) been quite secretive about stealth operations. During the Yugo War the European allies had to keep their aircraft 50 miles from the B-2 when it was operating in the theatre.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthelion
            Yes, I have seen Black Hawk Down. What's the connection?
            ahhh well memory needed..... ummm I believe that my point was to do with how in this day and age of high tech, even the Yankee Elite Rangers, the Elite Ghost Chopper Pilots and the Super Elite Delta were taken out very badly with low tech violence and ancient tactics.

So I believe that a seafire could get a B2 in the right circumstances.... even if he had to kamikaze himself into the B2's inductors....

Gurka 17, People of the Valley
            I am of the Horde.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy the Scot
              even the Yankee Elite Rangers, the Elite Ghost Chopper Pilots and the Super Elite Delta were taken out very badly with low tech violence and ancient tactics.
              I wouldn't call the Somalis' tacticts ancient; it was modern small-arms urban combat (similar to what we're seeing in Iraq now).

Comment

Originally posted by Defcon5

I wouldn't call the Somalis' tacticts ancient; it was modern small-arms urban combat (similar to what we're seeing in Iraq now).
                well said..! Thanks
                I am of the Horde.

Comment

Theres still a disparancy though - the U.S lost 18 soldiers in the Somalia incident, estimates of Somalis dead are put at around a thousand. I always took equal hit points in the game to mean equal numbers of troops.
                  "Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender B. Rodriguez

Comment

Originally posted by Defcon5

well said, point taken....
                    I am of the Horde.

Comment

Its a game, if stelath bombers also had a defence, they would be virtualy invunerable
                      Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                      Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Originally posted by TheStinger
                        Its a game, if stelath bombers also had a defence, they would be virtualy invunerable
                        True. Guess thats one reason why the American UU is the F-15 and not the F-22.
                        "Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender B. Rodriguez

Comment

They need to do a lot with air combat but I wish it was the F-22 I would always be the U.S and destroy everyone with hundreds of F-22 that is what the real world will be like in a few years.

Comment

hahahahahaha

then along came John.....

good luck with the F22.... sheeeeet, our Gov has even collected a few old bottles, traded them in and sent the voucher to the Generals at Arlington Farms.
                            I am of the Horde.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy the Scot
                              hahahahahaha

then along came John.....

good luck with the F22.... sheeeeet, our Gov has even collected a few old bottles, traded them in and sent the voucher to the Generals at Arlington Farms.
                              I'm confused Sheeeeet? what is this supposed to mean there are no Generals at Arlingon Farmes if there were what would the world be like? We probably wouldent have gotted far into Iraq? Please explain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!
                              (that is a lot of !'s)

Comment

Originally posted by Elias

I'm confused Sheeeeet? what is this supposed to mean there are no Generals at Arlingon Farmes if there were what would the world be like? We probably wouldent have gotted far into Iraq? Please explain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!
                                (that is a lot of !'s)
                                I believe that the Pentagon was built at Arlington Farms.
                                Last edited by Paddy; November 19, 2003, 19:36.
                                I am of the Horde.

Comment

Working...
                                X