No announcement yet.

Stealth bomber shot down by Spitfire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good point if i was a worrior i would try to get a hold of at least a hand gun of corse they have low attk for having RPG's and M-16's even if they are untrained.
    Absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Ya i cant wait to try charging an Abrams with a pistol.

Comment

The really funny thing about a fighter shooting down a stealth bomber is that fighters, jet fighters and F-15's all have the same chance and effect to shoot down stealth aircraft.

Now that's what I call progress!
        Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Originally posted by CerberusIV
          The really funny thing about a fighter shooting down a stealth bomber is that fighters, jet fighters and F-15's all have the same chance and effect to shoot down stealth aircraft.

Now that's what I call progress!
          You must be joking, the same odds?

Comment

Originally posted by georges bonbon

You must be joking, the same odds?
            No joke. They all have the same 5% chance of intercepting. As the stealth bomber has a defence of zero it is always shot down regardless of the attack value of the intercepting aircraft (as long as that value is >0) so they all have exactly the same effect.

Of course jet fighters and F-15's are more effective against bombers where the bomber has a defence value.
            Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

It does remind of the phalanx beating the battleship in Civ 1

Comment

A guy with a spear in one hand and an RPG in another is an intriguing combination - but while I can stomach the idea of an MA losing 1 hit point to a healthy spearman/musketman/whatever, losing 2 hit points or more is dumb. The amount of Abrams disabled in Iraq by RPG's wouldnt read more than 1 hit point on the Civ system, and as for tank battles the Abrams beat standard tanks in the first gulf war by 1200 - 0.
                "Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender B. Rodriguez

Comment

Iraq was a special situation; a short war with one-sided results, mostly on the coalition's side, despite the difficulties aluded to in the anti-war/alarmist press. Iraq had the bad luck (in addition to inept top leadership and totally disrupted command-&-control).

Comment

I have always had a problem with the people that say a warrior has an RPG or any modern type weapons. In the early versions of the game, they may have been aboe to claim that, but now they cannot. If they have these items and knowledge they would have to be upgraded to guerillas. If they are shown as warriors, I have to take them at that level, not even MedInf.
                    So they are cavemen and no one is going to train them to be moderm fighters. That is not profitable. I view the upgrade not as a training, but more of retirement for the original and hiring of a replacement.

Comment

What about changing the graphic and the attk/def Rate automaticaly after geting a certin tec so worriors can have
                      a guy with an RPG and be a 4/8 or somthing like that.I think
                      i just got a great idea for a new thread.

Comment

Maybe we should consider the warrior or whatever obsolete unit that kills modern war-technology, as a clone of Arnold Schwarzenegger or Sylvester Stallone.

Comment

There were variants of the spitfire after WWII that flew close to 500mph which is not much slower than a B-2 at sea level. I dont know why a B-2 would be low enough to engage, but if it was low and spotted, the spitfire pilot would have a chance to intercept from a dive.
                          We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                          If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                          Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

The last Spitfire was the MK24... top speed 460 mph at around 20,000 ft and in a lengthened dive it would approach the speed of sound. A B2 sortie would never be flying low enough in enemy territory for the dive to occur, and in a level chase the Spit would almost certainly have to turn and refuel before it was able to catch the B2. Which is a shame because the idea of shooting down the B2 with 60 year old technology is great
                            "Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender B. Rodriguez

Comment

For those who think stealth bombers should be invincible from lower-tech units, and spearmen cannot possibly destroy a tank:

* An Iraqi farmer with a machine gun allegedly shot down an American helicopter in this year's conflict.

* To see what primitive weapons can do to tanks, watch the tank scene towards the end of the movie Saving Private Ryan. Granted, these might have been Infantry, not Warriors, but they did use fairly primitive weapons.

* A rock and a machine gun can both kill a human.

* The most vulnerable parts of most modern war machines is the bits that make them go: the engines on an aircraft, the treads on a tank or the propellor of a ship. If you can hit them there, they will not be able to move out of harm's way. Dumb luck can be all it takes.
                              None, Sedentary, Roving, Restless, Raging ... damn, is that all? Where's the "massive waves of barbarians that can wipe out your civilisation" setting?

Comment

Helicopter shot down by an Iraqi farmer? Isnt that want sadam said to the people to keep them from thinking they were being slaughterd?Anyways a low flying helicopter could be shot down by a macine gun but not by a musket or a stone ax.The people in saving privat ryan had wepons and training of the time they did not have axes.

Comment

Working...
                                X