No announcement yet.

Radical Idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed. It was my mistake, and out of character, to discuss anything but game play. I have deleted the response.
    "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

What about that...?

Sorry if I'm repeating somebody, but now I haven't time to read all the posts. In response of the starter of the thread I will purpose something sightly different, but still related:

Every civ will have various leaders - representing various periods of their story (or the various behavoirs the civ as presented to the world). The actual leader will be chosen at the start (either selected, or randomly).

So, in example, If you had the french, you could have as leader:

Joan of Arc (militaristic, religious) - UU: Heavy Knight
      Napoleon (militaristic, expansionist) - UU: Dragoon
      Louis XIV (industrious, commercial) - UU: Musketeer
      De Gaulle?...

Same could happen for the rest of civs. That way, maps with determined civs could still have a "random" factor (So an European map won't be the same with Liz, Napoleon, and Isabella than with Churchill, Joane of Arc and Philiphe II)... or there could be done more specific scenarios, fixing the leaders of a certain age.

That could help also to the return of the civil war feature: Imagine you conquer the Russian capital, when the russians were ruled by Catie... a new russian faction (Stalin, Ivan,...) could appear, being a similar, but different civ.

Comment

Re: What about that...?

Originally posted by Josephias
        Sorry if I'm repeating somebody, but now I haven't time to read all the posts. In response of the starter of the thread I will purpose something sightly different, but still related:

Every civ will have various leaders - representing various periods of their story (or the various behavoirs the civ as presented to the world). The actual leader will be chosen at the start (either selected, or randomly).

So, in example, If you had the french, you could have as leader:

Joan of Arc (militaristic, religious) - UU: Heavy Knight
        Napoleon (militaristic, expansionist) - UU: Dragoon
        Louis XIV (industrious, commercial) - UU: Musketeer
        De Gaulle?...

Same could happen for the rest of civs. That way, maps with determined civs could still have a "random" factor (So an European map won't be the same with Liz, Napoleon, and Isabella than with Churchill, Joane of Arc and Philiphe II)... or there could be done more specific scenarios, fixing the leaders of a certain age.

That could help also to the return of the civil war feature: Imagine you conquer the Russian capital, when the russians were ruled by Catie... a new russian faction (Stalin, Ivan,...) could appear, being a similar, but different civ.
        hi ,

great idea

but it should not be for each civ

have a nice day
        - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
        - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
        WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

i kinda like the idea of civs changing like was said above.

my only problem with that is that a lot of those traits happened because of winning/losing wars and other things. in civ3, those events dont happen that made the civ's traits change.
          I use Posturepedic mattresses for a lifetime of temporary relief.

Comment

I suspect one problem is that more grahpics would require more space to hold it. The CD is very close to 700MB, so they may need to go to another CD and that is not something they would like to do.

Comment

Working...
            X