Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Pre-building" Wonder production

Originally posted by Alex
    In order to avoid this (it happened a lot to me when I first started playing Civ2), you have to start building something expensive before you have the tech needed to build the Wonder. You can use the Palace for this intent. Pick up one of your most productive cities, order it to build a Palace and then wait for the Wonder to come. Check the city regularly to make sure it doesn't build the Palace before you discover the Wonder tech and when the tech is discovered, bam!, change the production in that city to the Wonder and you'll have a significant advantage over your enemies.
    Has anyone had the problem of NOT being able to change production to a wonder when "prebuildng" to gain aome extra shirlds before you have the tech t build a wonder?

I had my capital start building a colleseum for a few turns while I reasearch Astronomy for Cop's Observetory. But 4 turn later, when I got the research the Observitory was grey-out. I couldn't select it to change my production. Does anyone know what the deal is?

This is due to having tainted shields in that city. If you rushed anything, you can not switch to a wonder.
    This could be chopping forest to add shileds to the prebuild or disbanding or any other rushing technique.
    No such tainted shields can be used in the prebuild.

Comment

I forgot to add that you can only have one city building a given wonder at any one time, unlike civII.
      Check to see that some city did not finish its build and switch to the wonder.

Comment

The closest you can come to prebuilding wonders is to start building one wonder and switch to another as the wonder becomes available. The other option is to start building the Forbidden Palace or similar small wonder and switch to a great wonder.

Comment

I would have to agree with vmxa1's comments. One of those situations should be the cause of your problem.

Comment

Re: "Pre-building" Wonder production

Originally posted by Ismelstar

Has anyone had the problem of NOT being able to change production to a wonder when "prebuildng" to gain aome extra shirlds before you have the tech t build a wonder?

I had my capital start building a colleseum for a few turns while I reasearch Astronomy for Cop's Observetory. But 4 turn later, when I got the research the Observitory was grey-out. I couldn't select it to change my production. Does anyone know what the deal is?
            hi ,

can you attach a save

this way we can know for sure what the problem is , .....

have a nice day
            - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
            - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
            WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Working...
            X