No announcement yet.

Can they only create one leader?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try to not send elites out on those missions. I prefer vets. This way you can get some damage and be promoted and gain back the lost HP. You also do not generate any leaders to get captured.
    Plus any barracks can crank out a replacment for the vet if it dies.

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
      Try to not send elites out on those missions. I prefer vets. This way you can get some damage and be promoted and gain back the lost HP. You also do not generate any leaders to get captured.
      Plus any barracks can crank out a replacment for the vet if it dies.
      They weren't elites at the time I sent them out. They were each attacked three times...once to make elite, once to generate the leader, and once to die. I've never seen that rapid a progression before and it happened twice in one turn.

Comment

Were you able to see the troops coming form far away? Where they near a city, where reenforcemments could come?
        I guess it can't always be avoided, but individual units and small groups, should be keep away from excessive danger.

Comment

Some quick facts about leader generation:

1) You can only have one GL active at a time
          2) An elite may only generate one GL (it may be upgraded, promoted and produce a second leader)
          3) The odds off creating a GL is 1/16, 1/12 if you have built Heroic Epic. 1/32:1/24 when defending.
          4) Militaristic civs increase the rate of promotion, not the rates of getting a GL.

The GL creation rules have been given directly from programmers at Firaxis and I have seen nothing in any of my games that dispute them (well over 300 games played)
          * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
          * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
          * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
          * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Bomber

4) Militaristic civs increase the rate of promotion, not the rates of getting a GL.
            WHAT??? I thought they increased the % of getting leader. That's a sucky trait then, if it only increases the chances of promotion. I get promoted all the time as Babs - just sit in my city and wait for the unending attackers = lots of elites.

Only 1 game did I ever get more than 2 leaders in the entire game and that was that evil AU 208 where I had 5 in the first era. Made me think China's a great civ, but I've played them since and nothing...
            If pigs could fly we'd all have to wear helmets.
            Please don't be envious of my little girlie brain.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhothaerill

Me too, but if you don't use him you won't get another one. One of those Catch-22 situations.

What I hate most is when you get one defensively and then lose him the same turn when that unit gets attacked again. I had that happen twice in the same turn one time (I had cavalry roving into the enemy land to cut saltpeter and luxuries...get attacked, make elite, get attacked, great leader, get attacked, unit dies, great leader dies...twice! )
              That's nothing. I've seen worse: I had 16 veteran cavalries that landed in 4 different locations from galleons. Each group captured an enemy city without losses. When the enemy counter-attacked, it took back the cities and destroyed 4 great leaders in the process. 2 turns later, I lost 2 more leaders the same way.

Top that, if you can!
              The monkeys are listening.

Comment

mimi... increasing the chance of promotion DOES increase the chance of getting a leader. You have more elite units, therefore you will get more leaders.

Comment

Dr. A. Cula I can not top that and I do not want to be able to either. That us nasty.

skywalker exactly and China is one of the best civs with a perfectly place UU.

Mad Bomber has stated the facts. These are the rules period, NO 2nd leader without a promotion, no matter who says they has seen it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. A. Cula
                    That's nothing. I've seen worse: I had 16 veteran cavalries that landed in 4 different locations from galleons. Each group captured an enemy city without losses. When the enemy counter-attacked, it took back the cities and destroyed 4 great leaders in the process. 2 turns later, I lost 2 more leaders the same way.

Top that, if you can!
                    That is worse! You were probably shaking your head in disgust.
                    Originally posted by vmxa1Were you able to see the troops coming form far away? Where they near a city, where reenforcemments could come?
                    I guess it can't always be avoided, but individual units and small groups, should be keep away from excessive danger.
                    No I couldn't see them before they attacked me. I sent those two cavs out expecting them to be killed though. Their mission was simply to cut the only remaining saltpeter resource and the only remaining luxury for that particular civ. Both succeeded, and then got counterattacked.

Comment

Mad Bomber has stated the facts. These are the rules period, NO 2nd leader without a promotion, no matter who says they has seen it.
                      unless they can produce a screenshot or saved game for verifiation...

Comment

I would be suspious of even that.

Comment

I would be suspious of even that.
                          Anything can be doctored up. Just look at actors in movies compared to the way they look in real life.

Seriously though, take a look at the military advisor board and there is space for only one leader at a time. If you somehow got two, then it must be a bug (since I don't think you can even mod for two leaders at a time).

Comment

A screenshot could be doctored, but a saved game would be more difficult. As Rhothaerill pointed out this is hardcoded and would mean going into the program code and changing it manually, not an easy task. However I agree with VMXA's and Rhothaerill's comments in principal.

Of course it would be a bug if there were two leaders at one time and if this actually happened should be reported to Firaxis tech support.

Comment

unless they can produce a screenshot or saved game for verifiation...
                              hi ,

, some can even cheat with those , .....

have a nice day
                              - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                              - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                              WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

A screenshot could be doctored, but a saved game would be more difficult. As Rhothaerill pointed out this is hardcoded and would mean going into the program code and changing it manually, not an easy task. However I agree with VMXA's and Rhothaerill's comments in principal.

Of course it would be a bug if there were two leaders at one time and if this actually happened should be reported to Firaxis tech support.
                                You wouldn't have to go into the game code. There is IIRC already a save game editor out there. You could just plop in another leader.

The reason you don't need to go into the game code is because the only time the game would check if you have a leader is when an elite unit wins a battle and when you view the Military Advisor screen. In the latter case, the game would either a) crash or b) only show one of the leaders.

Comment

Working...
                                X