Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wich name You usually give to your capital city?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wich name You usually give to your capital city?

Hi,

Wich name You usually give to your capital city?

And wich name have Your digital alterego?
    Darth Balrog aka NIM
    AEtas: Carpe Diem, quam minimum credula postero.

Not sure to really understand your question. I suppose it only has sense with modded games.
    Concerning my current game my capital is Armenelos and my leader is Elros Tar-Minyatur.
    Nym
    "Der Krieg ist die bloße Fortsetzung der Politik mit anderen Mitteln." (Carl von Clausewitz, Vom Kriege)

Comment

I take whatever name the computer gives it. If I'm playing as the Germans, then it's Berlin. If I'm playing as China, it's Beijing. And so on.
      Jack

Comment

I stopped renaming city's too and use the default ones now.
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I always give different names for my city(s)! ...Since CIV I.

The varius names I give depend by the zone and the type of landscape the city(s) are.

For example, if the city is near some monatains and hill I ussualy give name such: Minas Tirith, Minas Morgul, Cirith Ungol and so on...

If the city rise near a particular abundance of horses (for example) I call it Rhoan

If the city is destiny to grow up a lot I call it with name such: Thannauser, Cassandra, Eternity...

If the city is destiny to be small (couse I need a city in a particular strategic position) I call it Bajedo, Hobville (if there is a wood near by... ) and so on...

Another thing I do is to give the same kind of names at the city(s) in particular zone or region.

For example. In a desert region on the east of my empire the names of my citys are: Osiris, Iside, Anubis, Set...
          In a region in the north: Othin, Thor, Fray...
          In a nice west region: Zeus, Apollo, Aphrodite, Era...

Usually I rename the citys I conquest with this way.

Sometimes I let their name if the citys are in a definite zoone with the same country name: Berlino, Stoccarda, Monaco... (Italian name of Berlin, Stutgart, Munchen )

So the name of my city change always... And if I read: "There is a problem in the city of Aphrodite" I know soon in wich part of my empire the problem is

Now my Leader name is Nim Namhir of the Nimeani (roman civilization)

And my capital city is: NIM.

Enjoy CIV!
          Darth Balrog aka NIM
          AEtas: Carpe Diem, quam minimum credula postero.

Comment

Dude this is one of the strangest threads on this forum
            I've increased my medication and I am now able to experience pleasure... especially when my Legions march on Berlin and capture the Great Wall! >:-)

Comment

Like some of the others have posted, I use the default names for my cities and leaders.

Comment

The only city name I always change is my capital city. I name my capital city:

Capital City

"One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Hi all...

My capital is usually Dorkville.

BigD
                  Holy Cow!!! BigDork's Back!

BigDork's Poll of the Day over at MZO. What Spam Will It Be Today?

Comment

And Theseusville.

I almost always change the name of my leader as well... to Theseus.
                    The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

I rarely change city names. If I do so, it's because I utterly dislike the suggested city name, or if it's a captured city.

Leader names, though, I usually change to someone else from that nation's history: Napoleon instead of Joan of Arc, Hatshepsut or Ramses instead of Cleopatra, Tecumseh instead of Hiawatha (yes, historically incorrect, I know, but so is Cleopatra), Zhu Yuanzhang instead of Mao, Hamilcar Barca instead of Hannibal... you get the idea.
                      oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

I usually don't change any of the names. Of course with some of the civs with uncommon city name it can be difficult. While writing my AAR for AU208 I couldn't remember which city was being attacked by barbarians, which city just ended up with the Hanging Gardens instead of the Great Lighthouse, etc.

Comment

I will usually use the default names. Occasionally I will change one if it is built on a resource that appears to the name of the resource. If I have a city that connects two bodies of water I will usually rename it Crossover.
                          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by Wittlich
                            The only city name I always change is my capital city. I name my capital city:

Capital City

You should starting writing books man, like immediately, really!! I mean it's dangerous to keep that kind of imagination and creativity bottled up...
                            -
                            Leaders;

Those depend, if I have to wait really long for one to come along, something like 'Finally the first' usually does it
                            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

My first and capital city is always named Greensburg, after the place I was born. Shame I haven't lived there since 1968...
                              My words are backed by... Hey! Who stole my uranium??!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X