Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wich name You usually give to your capital city?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Utopia (then I use the regular city list)

OR

Alfapolis (then I go Bravopolis, Charliepolis, etc)

OR

Alphapolis (then Betapolis, Gammapolis, etc)
    "War does not determine who is right, it determines who is left."

Comment

Pretty weird thread...

I have two daughters: Erin and Roxane.
      I always name the Capitol for one of my daughters and the second city for my second.
      The next game, I do the reverse.
      This keeps my daughters' bickering about 'I have a bigger city' and 'I have more wonders' at a minimum.

I tried once to name a city after my wife. A few minutes later, one of my daughters ran to her screaming 'papa captured you but after a while he was fed up with you and you got abandoned'.
      I'm still paying for it...
      The Mountain Sage of the Swiss Alps

Comment

i rarely rename my capitol city, however if i play as japan i will change tokyo to Neo-Tokyo by the industrial age...

what i liked is in civ2 (at least i think it was 2, might have been ctp) how you could rename you're opponents cities if you had a spy in it. i used names like "scum on the bottom of my shoe". that was very fun.
        with units, i only rename units that make leaders and ships.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Sage
          I tried once to name a city after my wife. A few minutes later, one of my daughters ran to her screaming 'papa captured you but after a while he was fed up with you and you got abandoned'.

I rarely rename my cities. I like to use the default names provided, except when they are too silly and/or make no sense at all. And even then I sometimes don't change the names.

As for the leader name, sometimes I change it, sometimes not. Ok, I'm pretty boring. I know.
          I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

I don't typically rename things, just not my style. Besides it is widely known I suck at naming.

I did once rename a sword Lucky Bast@rd when he spawned a leader...he was my first battle with an elite in that game. Ironically, he was attacked and killed by a regular warrior 2 turns later despite being fortified on a hill...
            One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
            You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

This keeps my daughters' bickering about 'I have a bigger city' and 'I have more wonders' at a minimum.
              That's hilarious!!!

no more Marseilles or Rheims
              ??? I've never heard of Rheims before, but Marseilles? Isn't that the way you spell it?

I used to be the Persians but I'd change everything about the names. I'd call the civ Tercomia, I'd call the leader Juventus (that's before I knew there was an Italian football club with that name), name the capital Isartec and name other cities more made up names such Lokken-Korbet etc. I forgot the other names I always named cities. Problem was I'd have a hard time thinking of what to name the cities and I had a hard time remembering the city names and stuff (that's why it's good to be a civ you know a ton about, such as America).
              "The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Comment

Marseilles is Marseille in French, and Rheims is Reims, Lyons is Lyon, etc.

Maybe these are small details, but I really don't like having these names and if I rename Marseilles to Marseille the game keeps asking me to name the next city Marseilles...
                I think the names should appear only once (I know, in Civ2 they did appear only once and I thought it was a bad thing ).
                FRANCE.

Comment

"Maybe these are small details, but I really don't like having these names and if I rename Marseilles to Marseille the game keeps asking me to name the next city Marseilles...
                  I think the names should appear only once (I know, in Civ2 they did appear only once and I thought it was a bad thing )."

in the editor you can change/add/remove the names of cities and in the order you choose. although i think that may count as an 'edited' game and i dont think those appear in the highscore screen, if that matters to someone.
                  I use Posturepedic mattresses for a lifetime of temporary relief.

Comment

That's what I did :

and I also edited the cities list to have French names... no more Marseilles or Rheims
                    (and of course I changed our pink to the german blue)

And you're right, the scores are not shown anymore in the highscore screen (but that's not very important).
                    FRANCE.

Comment

"(and of course I changed our pink to the german blue)
                      "

you took the Prussian blue?
                      I use Posturepedic mattresses for a lifetime of temporary relief.

Comment

Yes, I gave the prussian blue to France, cyan to Germany, and the pink to the United States
                        FRANCE.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Sage
                          Pretty weird thread...

I have two daughters: Erin and Roxane.
                          I always name the Capitol for one of my daughters and the second city for my second.
                          The next game, I do the reverse.

>>> El cine se lee en dvdplay <<<

Comment

I don't have any particular name for my cities. I sometime refer my empire as "Kondom".

--Kon--
                            Get your science News at Konquest Online!

Comment

Originally posted by Schee
                              Yes, I gave the prussian blue to France, cyan to Germany, and the pink to the United States
                              I'd have to flip a coin to see who gets yellow: France or Germany. I'm leaning towards France.
                              "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                              "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                              2004 Presidential Candidate
                              2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
                                I don't typically rename things, just not my style. Besides it is widely known I suck at naming.

I did once rename a sword Lucky Bast@rd when he spawned a leader...he was my first battle with an elite in that game. Ironically, he was attacked and killed by a regular warrior 2 turns later despite being fortified on a hill...
                                Sounds like you are great at naming things. I mean your sword was a lucky Bast@rd but his luck just ran out.

Your Avatar is pretty good as well.
                                * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
                                * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
                                * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
                                * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

Working...
                                X