The banana poll series - Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You forgot Histographic
    Get your science News at Konquest Online!

Comment

Cultural please - since I'm only playing OCC at the moment

-Jam
      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Originally posted by alva
        Turning cultural off is not really fair to the AI IMO who doesn't realise this. It's not really cheating, but you do give yourself the option to neglect a very significant part of the game while the AI doesn't. (this is especially true on higher difficulty levels.)
        A bit late to respond, I know (hope you check Yer Threads once in a while), but I do not neglect cultural advances, buildings, and wonders (both small and great) as these are the reasons my borders expand. In current game (huge map--medium archipeligoes) I've been rushing harbors so resources are available, then rushing temples so borders expand. AI does not neglect culture; neither do I. Cultural Victory comes unexpectedly, thus I am not fond of it.
        I continue to await the mysterious Banana Victory condition. I voted for it .
        "We may be in a hallucination here, but that's no excuse for being delusional!." K.S. Robinson, 'The Years Of Rice And Salt.'

Comment

As a builder, I have always been fond of the spaceship and cultural victories
          “The American people have now spoken, but it’s going to take a little while to determine exactly what
          they said.” — President Clinton

Comment

Originally posted by Rob_S

A bit late to respond, I know (hope you check Yer Threads once in a while), but I do not neglect cultural advances, buildings, and wonders (both small and great) as these are the reasons my borders expand. In current game (huge map--medium archipeligoes) I've been rushing harbors so resources are available, then rushing temples so borders expand. AI does not neglect culture; neither do I. Cultural Victory comes unexpectedly, thus I am not fond of it.
            I continue to await the mysterious Banana Victory condition. I voted for it .
            I'm not saying you do, but you can.. If some AI happens to build multiple wonders i the same city far away from your little empire, there is no treat him winning culturaly and thus no pressure for you to do something about it . That's all
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I used to play builder and usually had my choice of UN or space victory. Recently, in order to balance my play skills, I've been playing dark side emperor and I usually win by domination well before Fission. But, I must pay more attention to the cultural victory thing as I've never won one in spite of huge leads and everyone in awe. Hmmm...perhaps my first test of the new Beta!
              The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

Anatole France

Comment

Alva-- I see your point, but hadn't thought of it in that way. What bothers me about the cultural win is the way it crops up just when I'm about to invade a Civ I've had a long grudge against
                Lately I've tossed aside a number of things that defined my normal strategy in Civ, and have been trying out different ideas. Turning off cultural win was one of them. I'm also turning regicide on more often, which makes me think much more about a stong defensive force at my capital. As America in my present game, I've been taking Lincoln out on a tour of the cities (with a strong guard) just for the fun of doing it.
                I'll turn cultural win back on again, in a later game.
                Experiment!
                "We may be in a hallucination here, but that's no excuse for being delusional!." K.S. Robinson, 'The Years Of Rice And Salt.'

Comment

Originally posted by Rob_S
                  As America in my present game, I've been taking Lincoln out on a tour of the cities (with a strong guard) just for the fun of doing it.
                  you're a truly sick person

cheers

Comment

I'm also turning regicide on more often, which makes me think much more about a stong defensive force at my capital.

Be carefull with those victory options in SP.
                    -
                    What bothers me about the cultural win is the way it crops up just when I'm about to invade a Civ I've had a long grudge against

Yeah, those "you've won" pop-ups are very lame indeed.
                    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

hi ,

this should have been a multi choice poll , ....

several options , what ever comes first , aldo getting to 2050 without letting anyone else get victory is the most intresting

have a nice day
                      - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                      - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                      WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Working...
                      X