The banana poll series - Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The banana poll series - Part 2

New poll in our attempt to know civ players better.
    I'm keen on domination... about every matter
    17.02%
    I command and conquer. Only one must remain
    10.64%
    I like cultural domination. Sell Coke worldwide.
    8.51%
    I'm keen on diplomatic's. Born to be Kofi Anan.
    2.13%
    I prefer the star trek's choice, Mr Spoke.
    17.02%
    I have fallen in love with the princess.
    0.00%
    I will behead the king(s).
    0.00%
    Just catch the flag cities.
    0.00%
    Win at score.
    6.38%
    I keep loosing.
    4.26%
    Banana.
    34.04%
    M. le Comte

why oh why didnt i vote banana

Comment

What is this banana poll thing? It's obviously a running joke / in-joke but I don't know why it started. Can anyone fill me in?
      Formerly known as Masuro.
      The sun never sets on a PBEM game.

Comment

I love spaceship wicotry, but I also like to win by diplo from time to time, when I have enough with a game. I most often don't finish my games, because I always play on huge+ maps, and the waiting time at the end is too much (I know, I have it coming)
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Banana is an old joke on 'Poly that you will find everywhere on this site. You can get more information in this thread. For all questions about Apolyton itself, I highly recommand you to check the Community Forum
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Heh.. this poll would be much more interesting, if you had asked "which is your least favourite way of winning the game?"

What I like the most is conquest. It's a challenge.

What I dislike the most is cultural (except in the OCC). It allways sneaks up on you at the most inconvinient times - like just when you have build a huge army and are ready to launch some devastation on your mortal enemies
            I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

I quite always go for a spaceship victory: easy and sure. Sometimes I win diplomatically if it seems I will not achieve a space victory.
              I never won by domination nor conquest (I am a builder).
              I never won by points (it needs too much time and I am usually the first one by points when I launch my spaceship).
              Never tried to win culturally (not enough wonders maybe).
              Nym
              "Der Krieg ist die bloße Fortsetzung der Politik mit anderen Mitteln." (Carl von Clausewitz, Vom Kriege)

Comment

Domination.

cheers

Comment

Banana. UN if that's the only chance I've got. Others as it works out, dependent on how the game goes. I agree with aaglo that Cultural can be frustrating if you are working on a domination/conquest victory.

Comment

Banana. The game peters out way before victory.

Comment

Each time I try to go for a spaceship one, but always end up with a domination victory . Havn't even seen that movie..
                      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I try to get a little of everything, but I normally quit my games before full time. Only tournament games and games that will reach my personal hall of fame will be played all the way.

I have turned cultural victory off, as that was the only way I won on Emperor for a while. It sneaks up on you and ruins the fun, just when you are about to invade that enemy continent with your modern armour.
                        So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                        Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

I turn cultural victory off, now. It DOES sneak up quickly and ruin the fun. Domination seems cheap: why not go for Conquest when that strong? But Conquest victory is warmongering. Spaceship victory is fine if it's truly a race and I have to sabotage somebody else's, or go to war with them to slow them down. Diplomacy not possible for me, with all my warmongering. So maybe I should have voted for Conquest. But I voted Banana because I really want some new victory condition (and not princess, regicide, or silly flags).
                          "We may be in a hallucination here, but that's no excuse for being delusional!." K.S. Robinson, 'The Years Of Rice And Salt.'

Comment

If you achieve domination, conquest is just a matter of time a probably some tedious turns.
                            -
                            Turning cultural off is not really fair to the AI IMO who doesn't realise this. It's not really cheating, but you do give yourself the option to neglect a very significant part of the game while the AI doesn't. (this is especially true on higher difficulty levels.)
                            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Conquest
                              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Working...
                              X