What new units in CIV3 Conquest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What new units in CIV3 Conquest?

May be too earlier for this, but I was just wondering if anyone knows what new units will be in conquest?
    -PrinceBimz-

To my I would like helicopters apache to attack terrestrial units from the air.
    El futuro pertenece a quienes creen en la belleza de sus sueños.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

An apache would be like the modern cavalry in the DyP mod, pretty cool
      >>> El cine se lee en dvdplay <<<

Comment

Yeah, decent helicopters would help.

I'd like to see Jet Bombers a la the B-52. It seems so stupid to have these accompanying your MiGs on Aircraft Carriers.
        Only feebs vote.

Comment

I'd like to see a terrorist unit.

These units are only buildable in times of war when AI or human players have lost a predetermined % of their power. They would be a kind of desperate last ditch defense

It's not going to happen though
          AI:C3C Debug Game Report (Part1) :C3C Debug Game Report (Part2)
          Strategy:The Machiavellian Doctrine
          Visit my WebsiteMonkey Dew

Comment

well we know of the Inca Scout/Mayan Javelin/Sumerian Enkidu Warrior/ and the Trebuchet which may be a regular unit between catapults and cannons.
            A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

I think they are talking about non-Civ specific units.

Comment

The Trebuchet would appear to be a non civ specific unit.

Some of them will probably geared for the included campaigns, but I would hope they are playable in regular games. Examples would be units specific for the colonization of the New World for example.

Comment

I wouldn't mind if they throw in special unit graphics like they did with the Japanese feudal era set in PTW, for use with scenarios, but I'll have to side with a lot of people here by saying that it is not a good idea to make UUs and Civilizations geared towards scenairo play.

All the units and Civs should work well with the regular non scenario games.

Comment

ok, new units...

there should be something to upgrade cavalry... an Armored Cav unit would be nice.

Definitely a jet bomber, maybe make Stealth the last possible tech to reseach (they should also prolong the time it takes to use Fighters, I hardly ever use them as Jet Fighters are so near...)

Attack chopper.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Originally posted by Master Zen
                      ok, new units...

there should be something to upgrade cavalry... an Armored Cav unit would be nice.
                      The natural evolution of Cavalry were to tanks. There's really no inbetween unit for them to think of, and I would rather them not, or we'd end up having these incremental useless units.

What needs to be fixed is the late game.

I hope they add another 50 turns and throw in a few more late game units.

Comment

Medieval Infantry upgrading to Guerrillas isn't very realistic either but its there...

neither are wooden Galleons turning into motorized Transports

Comment

Originally posted by Master Zen
                          Medieval Infantry upgrading to Guerrillas isn't very realistic either but its there...

neither are wooden Galleons turning into motorized Transports
                          If there is a unit that needs upgrading, it is the privateer.
                          Last edited by dexters; May 18, 2003, 05:52.

Comment

I would like to see a Cruiser come before the Aegis like in CIV2. Also a Jet Bomber (like B-52 or A-10) come before the Stealth. Or maybe a Strike Fighter such as F-18 would be good. Overall just more modern era or ww1-2 era units.
                            -PrinceBimz-

Comment

A lot of these units mentioned can be added into the game already. What can't be added is a unit like the Helicopter in Civ 2. We need an attack chopper that attacks ground units from above and losses HP's the longer it stays in the air.
                              Also the current Helicopter that we have should be able to carry home units which are injured abroad, more specifically the Paratrooper. Once you send out your Paratrooper there is no hope of ever seeing it again.
                              "The Pershing Gulf War began when Satan Husane invaided Kiwi and Sandy Arabia. This was an act of premedication."
                              Read the Story ofLa Grande Nation , Sieg oder Tod and others, in the Stories Forum

Comment

Working...
                              X