Editor Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MoonWolf
    A flag for units called "No border crossing". This means if a unit with this flag attempt to cross a border, it will be the same as attacking that country. Quite obvious if no ROP exists, IMHO...
    I like this idea, but would limit it to after the discovery of nationalism.
    - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
    - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
    - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

Well, I hardly use the editor. Too scared I'll cerate a killer AI civ by mistake.

But I'm annoyed with carriers. Either they can load units with a load icon - but they can't load air transports or any kind of land unit. It's too inflexible.

I would also like to alter civ attributes and make up my own.

Apart from that, no useful comment (some would argue these aren't... oh well!)
      Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
      "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

Originally posted by Cruddy
        Well, I hardly use the editor. Too scared I'll cerate a killer AI civ by mistake.

I wouldn't worry too much about that. On the contrary, I'd worry more about adding an exploit in that neuters the AI. A good example - if you make cruise missles launchable from subs, you know how to do it but the AI doesn't. This will give you a huge advantage for amphibious assaults, but the AI won't do it.
        - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
        - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
        - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

Are you sure that the tactical missile flag handles the opinions of the other civs? I could have sworn it was the 'nuclear weapon' flag that had this effect...

As for the change I'd make, I'd add a "Unit can shoot down aircraft" flag. This would make the Aegis cruiser work as it should, as well as allowing a mobile SAM unit.

Comment

There was a discussion at All Civ forums about this

I can't say I know for sure, though
            Beer is proof that God loves you and wants you to be happy - Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
            X