No announcement yet.

GS FA thread 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think GS just wants Beta as a target for their anger and to use him as an escape goat in order to "clean up" their image with the other teams. Please. This is only a game and Beta was only doing what we as a whole asked him to do in the first place. GS really needs to get a life!

Comment

• Witt !!! Thank-you! I agree wholeheartedly.
      Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• I was ready to play the turn - had liquidated a numebr of barracks - and got nervous. Sent this to nbarclay and his response.

RE: Peace Treaty

quote:

Hi Nathan. It has been awhile. Are there issues? Anything you need from us. Please advise. Thanks.. Beta. (somewhat nervous...)

Sorry we're taking so long. I posted your response pretty quickly when I got it, but there really hasn't been much said and I've been busy enough and/or tired enough that I haven't been pushing to coordinate an official response from us (nor has anyone else stepped up and tried to). I think it's pretty safe to consider no news as good news, since even the Stormhawk Party isn't actively lobbying against peace anymore. Our team's other discussions seem to assume that there will be peace and only the last little detail or two needs to be worked out.

Nathan
        Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• And will be sent once nbarclay's e-mail is not full.

-----------------------

OK, good to know. We are proceeding on the basis and intent of the agreement. We do need to come up with a plan to get the southern troops north. Especially the excess Immortals and warriors that need to be 'cashed' in. That is where gifting D'ville to you comes in. For now I am using the ferry shuttle on the east coast - but it is slow.

Trust all is well with you guys. Playing the turn now. ....Beta

Comment

• Thought it would be in good faith to confirm the details to Nathan. You may have already done so, Eli.

Hi nathan. One thing we have yet to discuss or confirm is the Voxian city inventory. Here are the details.

The Voice - palace, temple, granary, barracks
            Miller Town - temple, barracks
            Wittlich City - harbor, barracks
            Dissidentville - barracks
            Beta-by-the-Sea - nil
            Harry's Hideout - nil
            Elipolis - er - that's yours now.

So as per the peace treaty, we have or will cash in our barracks and temples. The granary and harbor will be left untouched.

As the turn seems to have gotten hung up with GoW, obviously nothing new to report from a moves perspective. So - I have some time to go work on another limerick.

Cheers ...Beta.

Comment

• One other thought - as we continue to demosntrate our good faith, and our humility during our wrap-up and exodus, we should approach GS for some cash. Yes, some cash.

We can explain that we have dismantled as per the terms of the agreement, but we are still very short of cash. They would no doubt be reluctant to give a lump sum. But what if we approached them for 60 gold, payable as 3 gpt over 20 turns. Just to keep us into positive cash flow. They can think of it as a token payment towards engineering, or weekly allowance to a wayward son if it makes them feel better.

If there is agreement - I would say we should ask in about 3 turns or so. When their WC's have wandered around North Estonia and can confirm we are following the agreement, which implies falling gold for us, and rising per unit costs as settlers and workers are produced.

Comment

• Sent to nbarclay as per Harry's revised plan in the evac thread. I aos floated the idea of an "allowance" or "reward" for leaving early.

Hi Nathan. We have been doing some planning on the wrap-up. And we have an alternate plan that would see us out of Estonia/Stormia considerably sooner. It would save anywhere from 6 to 10 turns off the 18 (now17) turn schedule.

Essentially, we will run all our cities down to pop 1 through builds - no pop rushing as agreed to.

Note - to do this we would need to pull all our southern units north this turn. This would be done by moving them all into D'ville and gifting it to you. We still need 5 turns of food growth to get to size 2 to build a worker, so it hardly seems worth the wait. Having the units in the north allows us to cash in the Immortals and warriors to speed up the worker and settler production in the north - and save us some upkeep costs to boot.

Ok - back up north - all the cities would be size one. We would gift Miller town to you. We need to do this as it has culture built up and will prevent the palace flip to the new capitol.

We then disband The Voice - which will result in a palace move to the size 2 city on Legos Minor.

We then move some of our units into one of the remaining cities - and gift it to you. Say two turns after that, the next group moves into a remaining city. And then the third group. We are trying to manage the per turn deficit we will be incurring, and keep a small base of cities for income. A gradual approach as oppoesed to a "big bang".

So - in exchange for leaving early, and gifting Dissidentville this turn- (i) you would lose The Voice and its granary, as required per the agreement. We suspect it is not where you want the city anyway. We would have preferred our capitol to be Miller Town.

and (ii) we are asking for some gold, if it is not too bold of us to do so. No lump sums - that would not make sense. But a very modest gpt allowance for 20 turns - to cover the period from when we start going into the red - (which is very soon) and our redevlopment on Legos Minor.

Can you let us know if you are on-side or if you have other ideas which may work and accomplish the same thing. (and as I write this - I am not sure why we don't do a plan where you take the cities in cascading fashion - including the Voice. We are brainstorming on this as we go, so if you have other ideas, please let us know.)

But if we did come up with a plan to get us out sooner, we would appreciate it if you consider helping with the funding as per ii) above. Thanks. Looking to hear from you.

...Beta.

Comment

• To Nathan as an update on the turn:

Hello Nathan.

We have just played 230bc and sent it on.

Thanks for taking the catapults.

Even prior to hearing back from you, we have opted for the early abondonment of D'ville - some 5 or 6 turns ahead of schedule. We have moved all our southern units into the town. None are fortified.

We have offered and accepted a peace treaty, a RoP agreement, and Dissidentville. When you accept - all our units will be transported to The Voice.

We have cashed in some more units up north. There are only 3 military units left in the north. Two spearmen in Wittlich City (we need them for happiness control - but as the pop drops - they will move out.) One Immortal is on a hill next to W.C. All the other cities are open. The Voice has workers in it.

When the units are transported north - we will be moving quickly to cash in the remaining offensive units. If your WC's can make sure they do not block the two tile road movement to Miller Town from the Voice, it would be appreciated. (let's us move and disband units all in one move)

All other units will move to a spot outside the city and remain unfortfied until Voxodus day arrives.

We have one galley - with no passengers - coming up over North Estonia. It was the one trapped on the east coast when Elipolis was taken. It will not be embarking any units - but simply moving on its way.

Now - we expect we can wrap things up quite early. Well ahead of the 18 turn schedule. Which would be a plus to you, along with the D'ville early transfer.

So at the risk of being a pain in the butt - I bring up the question of a cash "allowance" to carry us over the next 20 turns. I know this must be extremely difficult for some on GS to stomach - but 2we are on a new path. We are being co-operative. And we are offering a large 10 or so turn benefit to you. Again - I appreciate that you could just move in and take what you wanted, but we are trying to make this work best for all.

Vox is keen on getting out as early as possible - although my seaside villa in Beta-by-the-Sea will be sorely missed (but you are not getting my favorite rattan chair - it is already packed and set to go.). And I expect some of the sentiment on the GS side is the earlier the better. So - the cash would really help it work from our end.

As to The Voice - I think there has to be a plan that keeps it in place for you. Maybe we should set a chat date and discuss logistics. We will make absolutely no moves to disband it until we have discussed it in full.

Regards - all the best - Beta.

Comment

• GS is taking the full 24 hours to play this turn. I wonder what they are thinking about...

Comment

• ____________________________
                      "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                      "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• Probably too busy playing the new AU course. It's interesting and not as masochistic as the last one.

Comment

• Anyone know how to read this? On the surface it looks all sweet and wonderful - but I'm not sure. I'm glad we have two settlers in galleys. Maybe I should have put a settler and a worker in that last galley which left empty...

RE: 230bc update
                          I'm afraid we're going to have to wait until next turn to accept Dissidentville. The Stormhawks have managed to fan the fires of war into a morale boost that helps us in a battle I'm afraid we can never have peace from - the battle against unhappiness. We're afraid that if we sigh a peace treaty without adequate preparation, we'll have riots. I've boosted the luxury slider to compensate for the loss of the "negative war weariness" factor, and we should be able to accept Dissidentville in our next turn with no problem. Sorry about the delay.

Nathan

Please help with the response. Any suggestions?

Comment

• I'm not sure I'd worry too much about it (too much ). It sounds to me like they are in a republic (though I haven't yet opened the save...thanks for sending it Beta). When another civ declares war on you when you're in republic or democracy the "negative war weariness" affect happens, boosting your happiness. I'm not sure of the timetable in which it lasts, but if you sign the peace treaty with the civ that attacked you then your "extra" happiness goes back down to normal levels. It sounds to me like that is what Nathan is talking about.

As to the response I'd suggest just accepting it as what it is, but remain personally wary just in case it is a ploy.

Comment

• Thanks Rhoth. That was what I figured it was, but I could not recall how many turns war was delared - and what difference one turn would make. Maybe they have to re-jig some of their cities to prepare themselves.

Comment

• Well, worse case scenerio - At least we have a settler on at least one of our galleys!
                                "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                                "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Working...
                                X