Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is a monk? What is chi? Is it tasty cooked with squid?

[OOC] ...and to Luk, if you are still with us: Even though we are Spain, this is still 3000 BC and Christianity hasn’t been revealed to us yet. So if you are a monk, you cannot yet be a Christian one. Davinator, are you really from Nepal? Are you a monk from the ancient tradition of monasteries in Buddhism? Though I suppose we are before Buddhism too. [/OOC]

Comment

[OOC] I believe that this time period is before all major religions we know today except for the Egyptian Pantheon of Ancient Egypt[/OOC]

I am Nicolai Rosano , a born warrior and traveler from distant lands. Like Aidun Cian I am not Spanish. I come from the distant lands some call Italia. I am Etruscan in origin and came to this land after warriors from the land of Carthage forced my family and I out of our homeland and on to a great trek through the wilderness in 2765 BC. My my mother was soon taken by Celtic barbarians and my father had been captured after fighting a Carthaginian patrol in the Apenines. Soon I was left to fend for myself in the woods. I carved an axe out of the hardest, sharpest stone and a club with the thickest wood in the land. Soon I was able to live in the wild and continue my search for civilization. After years of surviving on my own, I spotted a city. It was a magnificent city built on rolling hills. I was immediately drawn to it and soon constructed myself a humble hut where I would start working towards my dreams of glory. I carved small stone tablets advertising my services as a hunter, bodyguard, and mercenary. Soon I was serving the people of Madrid and that is where I am today, January 6th, 2749 BC. May I be of great service to the people of Madrid and to the entire Spanish Empire. My descendants will carry on my legacy and tradition.
      May the people of Spain live long and prosper!

Nicolai Rosano
      Join NANESIA starting now in the Stories and Diplomacy Forum!
      Prime Minister Calvin Williams of Britain in SHNESA
      Prime Minister Yasser Arafat of Palestine in stAZNES2 (Apolyton)

Comment

What an sad story you are telling us Nicolai Rosano. Celtic barbarians have taken your mother and Carthaginians captured your father. Such a loss must be hard to bear. It is evil news that the barbarians were Celtic. As you perhaps know I am Celtic from origin. I fear that it are the same barbarians that have driven my family out of its homeland. My grandfather told me often the stories his father told him: his own friends deserted to the warmongering barbarians and betrayed him.
        About your services: as a jewelry and dyes baron I could do with some protection. The roads are dangerous places for merchants to be, especially at night, as there are no inns along the way's yet. I also appreciate some company during the travels. You see, donkeys and oxes don't talk very much. And for the travel: it is very nice to travel. There is hardly a day that you see a place twice. I have already seen a lot of the world.
        If you wish you can live at my house as well. It is large enough for one person extra. You are welcome at my table.
        Please let me know what your price is so that we can bagain and also let me know if you like to live at my place with my wife and children.

Aidun Cian
        "Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
        Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG

Comment

I thank you for the offer Aidun. I would love to take you up on your offer as until now I have not had any company for a while. Also, thank you for your offer of shelter. I will need it.
          Join NANESIA starting now in the Stories and Diplomacy Forum!
          Prime Minister Calvin Williams of Britain in SHNESA
          Prime Minister Yasser Arafat of Palestine in stAZNES2 (Apolyton)

Comment

The Nuñez Family

To the People of Pamplona.

Salutations to all my fellow countrymen.
            This letter is from your friend and until recently fellow Pamplona-dweller Antonio Menendez de la Nuñez.

As you know my family has lived in the vicinity of Pamplona since before it became a royal city. When a mass of our people followed suit we settled in with them and established a successful trade in the working of timber and rocks, and the use of these for building of homes.

Yet despite our success we are of adventurous and daring blood and have therefore joined the group of settlers that set forth for new lands (No! The whole incident with the dead fish, the naked midget and the governors daughter was a misunderstanding and had nothing to do with it! ).

We hope to again reach new lands and prosper in whatever work can be done there. I might not live to see the new city, but I am confident that my descendents will, and that they will help make this new village among the greatest cities in the land.
            Does anyone know where we're going by the way? My feet are really sore, and they smell like...NO! don't write that you stupid '\_/\____

I wil haf too finnish dis miself.
            Menny goood wisses too aull our frenns ann espetialli too mi kousin Salvatore hoo wisshed too stai in Pamplona along widh his famili.

Mi nefju Juan-Scriblos (he wid dhe brokn arm, carri-ing dhis cow-hide wid connekted alfabits) wil shou yu hou too reed dhis.

Yurs Sencirly
            Antonionio Meneñdez de la Nuñez
            Last edited by LzPrst; January 29, 2003, 16:46.
            Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

The Mismamente Family

I am Fibrizzo Mismamente. The only thing I know about my ancestors is that they where nomads that arrived to Madrid from the northern mountains. After some time living in Madrid they became friends of the Fernandez family. The head of that clan gained the position of Slave Master, and some time after he introduced me to our great ruler Togas.

My family is willing to contribute to the building of the nation of Spain and we will give the best of ours to achieve that goal.

Comment

Senor Rubris, Refugee from Luxia

I once worked the lands of a lost civilization known as Lux Invicta. We had great visions, but we wanted too much, too soon. We were to greedy. I was a lucky one. I saw our troops abandon city after city and knew there was no hope. I could have left this continent for promises of a better life on another land, but chose insteed to seen refuge with others that I trust.

As I approached the bustling City of Madrid. A man introducing himself as "Senor Letus Eta Tamal" welcomed me. When I told him I was from Luxia and how I chose not to leave this continent he informed me of the Stories that were rampant of Lux's demise. I felt sorry for those who did not make it. But I realized I have a bright future in the land that lay out before me.

EDIT. I Hope I didn't meet a dead guy.
                Last edited by CiverDan; March 8, 2003, 18:59.
                Citizen of the Apolyton team in the ISDG
                Currently known as Senor Rubris in the PTW DG team

Comment

I am Sacerdote Riqui de la Civ, a poor priest of a small town near Madrid named San Agustin. For 120 years the de la Civ family has preached to the town, which is populated by people that generally tolerate the church but to not actively support it, and seems to be cursed to lose any fortune they gain.

Comment

I am Antonio Aguilar Tacticus, great-nephew of the Cardinal Marcos Navarro Tacticus. I was made manager of the family's finances when I turned 20 (in the year 660 BC), and substantially increased the family fortune through commerce and investments, focussing particularly on the silks business. I did well enough at it that I was put forward as the family candidate for Royal Treasurer, and was appointed to the post by King Justino Togas. I intend to manage the finances of Spain with the same skill I applied to those of my family.

Comment

God bless you my sons!

I am Padre Amerigo. Follower of the way of 'The Merciful Forgiver', inherited from one of my ancestors. I am originally a Plaguatés, an outcast of the family, whom I would call ungroovy mafiosos and incredibly dull persons. You see... I am a heretic, which means I'm not practising the religion in same manner as everyone else.

So please don't tell anyone, cause I don't want those Inquisitors running around in my home, making ugly body noises and disturbing the peace and serenity which God has put upon my humble place. Allright!

Here is one of the groovy preaches I use to sing at masses:
                      (ooc: It's a blues)

Late in the evening yesterday,
                      I went down to the beach, to praahay.
                      Then suddenly... I heard somebody cried,
                      and then I opened up my eyeeeyes.
                      And I was mooost, most, most suprised...
                      To see a senorita, runnin' down into the sea.
                      Ooooh yeah! It really shook me.

So I wouldn't let her drown, though she certainly would.
                      And I ran, ran, raaaan.... into the sea.
                      Yeah I brought her back up on land, an I looked at her.
                      She was soooo incredibly beautiful. And why she would
                      kill herself, I couldn't see... Then a great lightening struck, and then our Lord, he spoke to me:

"Son, thou ought to be cool, and then thou bringst her to thy house and make sweet loooove to her... I commaaaand yer.
                      (angel-choir: ...He command yer.)

Thou shalt always treat her good, and thou shalt be rewaaarded.
                      (angel-choir:...heavenly rewaaarded.)

Ooooh yeah, my son... It's your big, big chance, and the only one I'll give you, so come on!
                      (harp solo)"

She was still a bit sad, when we got back, into toooown...
                      I said, hey babe cheer up now, and don't you feeling doooown.
                      She said her husband had hit her many times, and nooow...
                      She wanted a divorce.
                      I said, yeah we gotta fix that right away babe,
                      just get on my horse.
                      And then she rode, she rode, yeah se roohohode. And like God had promised, she also cried it out loud.
                      (badididbombadumduum)

Thank you brothers!
                      I think the spanish culture can flourish if we were allowed, by the conservtive church, to preach this way. See you around!

-Amerigo
                      My words are backed with hard coconuts.

Comment

Fantastico poetica!

Let me introduce myself as I am new to these lands. My name is Paolo Meneñdez de Nuñez and I am chosen by the family council to represent the Nuñez family in official matters for now. I have lived many years in my fathers summer house in the Mountains of the Gleaming Rock, but as my father choses to step down from his post as Lord of Vigo, then I will take his place from now on.
                        Also I will change the name of our great family, from now on my descendents and I shall answer to the name: Nuñez de la Vigo, to show from where we hail.

Paolo Nuñez de la Vigo

Comment

Roberto de la Civ:

The younger brother of Riqui de la Civ, he is in general more restless and rebellious than his brother. He plans to join the Knights of the Inquisition when the order is finally established.

Comment

I am Tomas de Torquemada. There is a tradition in our family to serve and protect the state and particularly the Despot or the King. This was certainly of the utmost necessity during the previous millennia: starting from a small tribe to built a powerful civilization is a dangerous undertaking for the leader who has many opportunities to displease many people. But this is the past. Now Spain has reach a point where the old ways are becoming less and less effective, and I am interested in finding new principles and methods enabling the government of Spain to face successfully the challenges to come.
                            Statistical anomaly.
                            The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Introduction of myself. Youngest son of Paolo Nuñez de Vigo, that is me and my name is Esteban Nuñez de Vigo. I am trained in the arts of war and have served long with the armed forces of Vigo. I will represent my father in these troubled times.

Comment

My name is SrDondeEsta - known to some in their barbarian tongues as WhereItsAt. I have been away for a long time, evading a foul demon sent from Hades to steal my spirit and my life. I have spent these last years ridding myself of the fiend, and now I believe I can live in a peace of sorts in what is my new homeland, the chill land of North Stormia.

I have seen terrible things in my odyssey, and have been lucky to have escaped with my life on some occasions. I may never have much strength in my left arm again, and I have some terrible scars - physical and some, deeper, ones.

I have come to, what I guess I can call home, searching for my countrymen. I hope we can find some measure of solace in each other's company, and rebuild a measure of Spain's glory. And by God, if we regain even a spark of Spaniards' former spirit history will not closer her pages on us yet.

And maybe one day I will find my revenge on GoW and that serpent, for all they did to Spain in the name of misplace revenge.
                                Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Working...
                                X