This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Character Thread - ONLY POST CHARACTER BIOS

This thread is for people to post their characters with appropriate bios. Please only one post per member of the Role-Play team and only post your character name and biographical information.

You may end up with multiple characters (eventually, as earlier ones die or are otherwise disposed of) and individual posts I suppose could get longer as they are edited.
    Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
    Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
    7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Lorenzo Clemente
    Lorenzo Clemente is a brute known for being adept at business and trade. While our people were nomadic, the Clemente clan gained distinction mainly by making decent clothing out of the hides killed by others (the hunters). Now that our society is agricultural, the Clemente clan will live in the very small urban area of Madrid as some of the first merchants. Their purpose will be mainly to buy and sell agricultural goods from farmers and at their shop in the market, as well as to export them to other regions. The family also retains interest in the area of textiles.

The family name derives from a fabled incident in which Lorenzo's distant ancestor was supposedly quite merciful to the captured men of our enemy after the battle (choosing, for once, not to slaughter them entirely).

Lorenzo himself grew up to be a prominent merchant in the newly formed township of Madrid and retains a particular interest in the trade in the delicious fruits native to Iberia, a technique for salting meat (to safely preserve it), and the family's traditional textiles trade (from animal carcasses).

Lorenzo has the luxury to not spend most of his time attending to the family's business affairs, as such matters are mostly cared for by other members of the household. Lorenzo himself has the unique distinction of being at the leisure to instead involve himself in civic affairs as an advisor to the Supreme Leader, Togas. While Lorenzo himself sees this as being a productive development in civilization (allowing him a life of relative leisure), others (mostly the lower classes) obviously have a different perspective on the life of relative leisure enjoyed by the highest class of elders, priests, and other leaders in the urban community.

Lorenzo Clemente went on to serve as Most Trusted Advisor to the Benevolent Tyrant Togas the Great and his heirs for during the early stages of Spanish history. He served primarily in an advisory capacity, but also as a diplomat for the Iberian tribe of ancient times.

Diego Clemente
    Lorenzo's son, Diego Clemente, served as Governor of Madrid during much of the Spanish nation's early development and worked closely with the great and illustrious Senor Eta Tamali of those times to forge an expansion and colonization plan for what would one day they hoped become the mighty Spanish Kingdom.

Both Lorenzo and Diego served the lords known as Togas faithfully to the end.

Not all who wander are lost...
    But now, after ages have past, an heir to the lost house of Clemente has been found and honor has been restored to this once great house of Spain. Though the heirs of the Clemente House do not presume to know what positions will be granted to them in the Kingdom of Spain in these modern times, they will seek to serve Spain as faithfully as their illustrious forebearers.

Francisco Clemente
    The man who has reclaimed the patriarchy of the Clemente house and restored its position in Spain is one Francisco Clemente. Like his forebearers, his primary interest (and his talent) seems oriented toward politics, diplomacy, and some commerce and trade. That said, Francisco is certainly a devout man who has sworn his service to our lord Jesus Christ and recognizes the authority of the Pope.
    Last edited by Arnelos; July 1, 2003, 16:43.
    Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
    Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
    7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Just reporting the bio from the old forum:

My name is Oliverius, and I come from the Fernandez clan, a clan which has recently gained some position. How I don't know yet. Maybe by helping an older and more powerful clan, or just by being at the right place at the right moment. I'll think about that, or maybe that could be part of the RP game also

Being a newcomer to the stages of power and politics I prefer to stay in a relatively safe second line. At least until I adquire some more experience. I will serve with loyalty any other more powerful clan in order to become more known, skilled and experienced.

On the bad side I will not take risks unless I am really forced to, but maybe this will change with time...
      Last edited by OliverFA; November 17, 2002, 09:31.
      "Never trust a man who puts your profit before his own profit." - Grand Nagus Zek, Star Trek Deep Space Nine, episode 11
      "A communist is someone who has read Marx and Lenin. An anticommunist is someone who has understood Marx and Lenin." - Ronald Reagan (1911-2004)

Comment

THE FAMILY CALAMARI

Hernan de History Guy Calamari
        The First Godfather

I was born in Madrid, and went into the family business, which is primarily the squid trade. Ah yes, the squid trade, open seas, squids, the gulls, etc. Squids are important to all Spanish people as food, sources of ink, and very loving pets. In fact, my nickname is 'the Squid'. Despite being generally disliked by many of the higher class members of the Spanish empire, I do have some small political powers, mainly due to my deceased father, Don Calamari, who was the mayor of Madrid very briefly before he was exiled into the squid trade. I am rather rich now, of course, with my squid business doing so well, and have been known to curry favor with local politicians with gold or squid meat.

(Sadly, Hernan de History Guy Calamari passed away not long ago as a result of stress. He is replaced as clan leader by his first son, Hernan de History Guy Calamari the Younger.)
        --

Hernan de History Guy Calamari the Younger

I am Hernan de History Guy Calamari the Younger, born of the first wife of Hernan the Elder in Madrid. I was educated with the very best stone tablets available in all Spain, and was brought up with knowledge of a good business and squidfarming. I became perhaps Spain's first scholar, and my chronicles influenced the Annals, and etc. However, what I am most important for is my work as Assistant High Priest, a most exulted task. When I'm not burning corpses, deep in prayer, shucking oysters, or frying squid, I'm usually to be found arguing in the Council Chamber, or writing letters to the Kingdom of Arabia, to whom I am Ambassador. I have seven sons, and four brothers, as well as six daughters, and two sisters. I am also rather busy working out exactly how I should plan business stategies for next year, so go away.
        Last edited by History Guy; December 26, 2002, 21:07.
        Empire growing,
        Pleasures flowing,
        Fortune smiles and so should you.

Comment

Originally posted by GodKing
          GK is my name. I often have dilusions of grandour. I listen to the voices of the small fuzzie beings who talk to me, and often follow their advise. They tell me things such as ways of throwing sticks that will kill the Bison, or of caves that can be made in places where there are no caves. I like these ideas, and hope to make them a reality. I am good at scavanging things, and at making things.
          If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

I am Floris Petro Rulio Olstorne, owner and bartender of the tavern Iberian Delight. I come from a family which has a good tradition of working in the hotel and catering industry. Always true to the nation, blah blah blah. Actually, I don't really like talking too much. I say what I have to say. So this about covers me. Well, I forgot to say that I am beautiful, if I do say so myself. I am truly gorgeous. I say this not to flatter myself, but because I am an honest man, and I must be truthful in writing this biography .

Don't forget to visit my tavern.
            Last edited by F-PRO; November 21, 2002, 17:08.
            Civ3 PtW Democracy Game info: (links work only for Roleplay-team members)
            Floris Petro Rulio Olstorne, member of the Roleplay-team, Owner of the tavern Iberian Delight, Pro 1 Activist {Click here}.

Comment

My name is Francisco Pizarro de Tacticus, head of the Tacticus warrior family. I have led our warriors in conflict with several neighbouring tribes (all of them now extinct), and have greatly increased my family wealth through plunder, in addition to seizing a large amount of land.

Having been appointed High Priest by our great and noble leader, Togas, I have heard the spirits speak to me in my dreams several times, commanding me and giving me whispers of prophecy. Though I have yet to decipher them, they are proving a most interesting topic for study.
              Last edited by GeneralTacticus; November 29, 2002, 02:19.

Comment

Togas Family

The origins of the Togas family line are uneventful. The memorable history of the clan begins with the reign of "Togas the First", a wildly popular hunter-gatherer who often told imaginative stories by the fire about what life would be like if the tribe settled down and built a permanent settlement. He supported the collection of herd animals, the introduction of farming, and the organization of our strongest warriors in a group that would hunt out and smite the barbarians.

Togas the First is the well known first leader of our Civilization. The rest of his family history will be written as we play.

The first Despot was simply known as "Togas the First." He founded Madrid and created what is, essentially, the Spanish Civilization.

After his death his grandson Enero Togas ruled for a short time. He is most known for going to the top of the Eneros mountains, surveying El Valle De Los Torros and deciding that Spain must send it's people to the valley if it was to ever grow into a great world power.

His son, Decedro Togas, ruled for countless ages presiding over the founding of 3 new cities, making contact with many other nations and ruling over Spain in a time of growth and prosperity.

His son, Augusto Togas, now rules. He is more military minded, insistant, and agressive than his father. He is angered at the present state of weakness of Spain's military and endevours to raise it to world standards.
                Last edited by Togas; February 19, 2003, 15:44.
                Greatest Moments in ISDG chat:"(12/02/2003) <notyoueither> the moon is blue. hell is cold. quote me, but i agree with ET. "
                Member of the Mercenary Team in the Civ 4 Team Democracy Game.
                Former Consul for the Apolyton C3C Intersite Tournament Team.
                Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.

Comment

ada I of the Mada family

ada (I) Mada is a charismatic speaker who most values persuasion as a diplomatic tool. Currently very ill and confined to the tribe, ada spends most of his time in discussion with his tribemates.

-- adaMada

[This will hopefully be lengthened in the near future]
                  Civ 3 Democracy Game:
                  PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
                  Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

No matter what civ, I am an outsider who wandered into the tribe one night while drunk. Became freinds with some important people and I got to stay around. No family, no money, get money from dooing odds and ends and helping friends out...just lucky to be accepted in the tribe.

We'll start there and see how it goes
                    Note: the Law Offices of jdjdjd are temporarily closed.
                    "Next time I say something like 'lets go to Bolivia', lets go to Bolivia"

Comment

My name is Astronicus. I would like you to hear about my foreign origins. From my mother I've inherited some artistic skills.
                      And she taught me the secrets of interpreting fate and the forces coming from the stars and the planets, our gods.
                      From my father, a courageous war lord, I've learned many secrets of the strategy and
                      tactics concerning the arts of the war. My great capacities are all in the service of our tribe.
                      Last edited by astrologix; November 15, 2002, 06:07.
                      Hosting and playing the Civ4BtS APT
                      Ex-Organizador y jugador de Civ4BtS Progressive Games

Comment

My character is a clairavoyant half-wit from an antique land (I foresee many things; half are wrong), a cactus farmer and peyote-pusher who, hearing of the power and riches of the empire Spain, was still unable to get here by choice due to the lack of enough sense to establish a straight line to its doorstep. However, with the degree of luck that can only be found by succeeding to wander aimlessly through the Pyrenes without provision #1 set aside for the journey and still survive, I have to come to kneel at the feet of our Great Leader, pledge my alleigance to our cause, and (hopefully) get a glass of water... I'm pretty thirsty.

My family are wealthy and esteemed in our distant eden; master_maser sent me here to 'hawk my wares to a wider world', as my father put it, but alas, I think it was to be rid of the 'social and political embarassment I have become', as my mother put it.

so...
                        I'm all yours

-el_ruby_maser
                        Last edited by ruby_maser; November 21, 2002, 10:55.
                        "The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew and act anew. We must disenthrall ourselves, and then we shall save our country." -- Abraham Lincoln

"Generations to come will scarce believe that such a one as this ever, in flesh and blood, walked upon this earth." -- Albert Einstein, in regards to Mohandis Gandhi

Comment

Spamish Mitchell

Spamish Mitchell was born in a faraway land about 4050 B.C. He led a nomadic life, alone except for a few wives and children. One night he was lifted out of his sleeping blanket and saw a bright light. His memory of the event is clouded, he says.

"A short, fat thing or something...maybe it was a god or a spirit or something...I dunno...led me to a bed where they gently put me in it and strapped me down. They stuck all sorts of sharp pointy things in me and looked at these windows nearby that had changing pictures on them. They mumbled amongst themselves and decided to stick another pointy thing in me. Then they lowered me back out of their craft and, gently as they tried to do it, I landed in your campfire. I remember that. It hurt like [expletives deleted]."

Spamish, dropped into Iberian society (we are Iberian right? ), coped well with the change (after his burns healed.) In 4000 B.C., he and a group of tribe elders decided, in a monumental move never done before, to stake down a permanent area to cultivate the fields.

"Yeah, I remember that. Wait...can ya tell me again? I forget."

A somewhat obscure man was chosen to lead the new civilization as Grand Despot Togas, and Spamish was (and still is) one of his most loyal subjects.

"Grand Despot Togas. He's a good guy. Only better choice would be a god themself, and since Togas with help from the Priests gets his ideas from the gods if I remember correctly then it kinda is a god choosing Spain's path. Hey, my back hurts. Mind if we pause this neat interview thing and I take a nap?"

Spamish, eager to make an honest living, took up business in Squid selling. A little before, Señor Hernan Calamari had started selling Squid too. This was the beginning of the bitter Mitchell-Calamari family rivalry.

"Don't bring that up, that's past me."

In a move that inflammed the whole of Spain, Calamari threw one of Spamish's slaves, Thug, in the waterfall near Madrid.

"I SAID DON'T BRING IT UP! Sheesh."

Well, okay. Anyway, a bunch of stuff happened afterward.

"That's more like it."

Spamish then grew older and took a vacation from the forefront of Spanish life. However, near his 2000th birthday he asked the High Priests: "Why haven't I croaked yet?"

"Yeah, man, that's just creepy. I should've kicked the bucket a thousand years ago."

The High Priests informed him that some Secret Scrolls said he would do something very important in his lifetime (which would be long.)

"I hope it doesn't take a lot of work. Unless it's for the good of Spain ya know. In that case bring it on."

Then Señor Roberto Ninot was accused of treason against High Despot Togas, and Spamish was called as a witness to the defense. In hindsight, he says, his testimony probably didn't greatly help Roberto.

"I did my best, and the Accuser said that my testimony on Bob's character was basically useless because men of good character are often those who plot revolutions. Whatever. My point was that he was loyal but maybe I didn't get it across. Eh, Ninot's been sentenced now and it's not death so everyone's happy (except for Ninot probably. Story writing is tough man.)"

And now we come to the logical conclusion: this interview.

"Yeah. This newfangled 'interview' thing's been good. I gotta go take my daily nap now."

There you have it--Señor Spamish Mitchell.
                          ---
                          Stufpos Ingasmeet Mitchell

Stufpos Ingasmeet Mitchell, born in 1800 B.C., is the first Mitchell to venture outside Madrid. He's also the first Mitchell to have a middle name. Stufpos is the first not to personally own any slaves ("How would you like it if you were a slave?", he says).

In fact, Stufpos is a man of many firsts and his newest first is to be the first Mitchell in Pamplona. That's why you won't hear a lot about him. (Messenger service is slow.) This biography will eventually be filled as Stufpos gets tangled up in more affairs of Spain.
                          ---
                          The fertile Mitchell clan announces the birth of a new child in 1425bc, Madrid:

Sewfa Kengretardo Mitchell

Sewfa is a large healthy baby boy.
                          Last edited by mrmitchell; March 2, 2003, 00:53.
                          meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

This space is saved for Ninot's character

it will be filled when the game starts(or when we pick a civ in finality), and the first Ninot character is born
                            Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Assuming Spain, and the current times:

Me Thud Quixote I. Thud Invent Fire. Thud Smart. Thud like make stuff.
                              "The Enrichment Center is required to inform you that you will be baked, and then there will be cake"
                              Former President, C3SPDGI

Comment

Working...
                              X