Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's correct... wonders to come are 1000S, which will be 10t in one of our prime cities. We are at least 17t from entering the modern era and most likely 21-22t from being able to finish a wonder. It's too early to plan a prebuild.

IMHO, of course.

Plus, I believe it's a given that there will be a war starting in very few turns. Wonder prebuilds will then become secondary, as we will be fighting for our life.

Comment

• Hm. Perhaps I was too quick responding...

If 17t-21t is how long it's going to take before we are able to finish a 1000S wonder (UN), then, yes, we should have a prebuild planned. I sorta overestimated how long we have before wonders come into play again.

However... with the most recent developments (GS military build-up), I believe that planning wonders is something we can easily forget. Actually, we SHOULD forget... Within 10 turns, we'll most likely be desperately fighting to survive as a superpower into the modern times. IF we survive the next ~10-15t intact, then we should revisit the issue and see whether one of our most productive cities can be set aside for a wonder or not.

Comment

• Well, if we give up our modern wonder building plans, then they've already won the war ...

What is the purpose of any war against us? Not conquer, because this is almost impossible. The only real purpose is to weaken us. So, if we win the military war, but fall behind in the tech race because of it, then we lose the overall war, the big scale battle.

Did it occur to you that this could be only a big hoax? It is unlikely, I admit, but it's possible. They want to force us to focus on the military instead of science and to gain an even bigger tech lead. Not very probable, but a possibility though.

So I think that we should keep at least some builder options inh reserve, even if we focus on the military.

Oh well, I will move this discussion on the other thread, the new war thread.
        "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
        --George Bernard Shaw
        A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
        --Woody Allen

Comment

• I agree with Tiberius, don't completely abandon wonders. We still want the Interent if at all possible.

Comment

Working...
          X