What do we do now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do we do now?

With the war being lost and our empire undoubtedly swept away from the world (we only had four cities defended, including the counter-fort), we have to decide what to do next.

If GS decided to keep cities they've taken, we may try taking some back... but whatever we do, it's over in few turns. Not sure whether it's worth our time to delay the end.

As stated before, I am against seeking any asylum. I see no point in remaining in a game that has been lost.

One solution that would be acceptable for me, would be to hand over all our remaining cities to GS, letting them kill the last one next turn. Honestly, what they achieved in this game is truly impressive. Out of all teams, they deserve to win most, IMHO.

I do not think ND would've been the cause of our downfall... Legopolis clearly fell on GS's turn, and ND hasn't even played yet. I'm honestly baffeled as to how they could've done it...
    I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

I agree with no asylum. No point in lingering on. I say we just hole up in our few remaining cities and let them pound away. Take no real strategy by us, and we don't really need to make it any easier on them to win the game
      I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

Re: What do we do now?

Originally posted by vondrack
        What do we do now?
        Give up. Abandon all cities (maybe gift some to Vox: Invoice, Kloreepville, Panama, Port Hammer, if they still exist, that is) and let GS or GoW take the last one.

Game over
        Last edited by Tiberius; December 11, 2004, 18:02.
        "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
        --George Bernard Shaw
        A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
        --Woody Allen

Comment

I agree with no asylum.

I don't think we should abandon everything just yet. Let's see what the situation is next turn and if we can make things a little more bloody. Hole up where that seems best (though with their artillery now roaming Lego railways, I'm not sure where that will be best)

One thing I'd consider abandoning is wonders. For instance, Jackson hasn't fallen yet. If it's still ours when we get the turn, I think we should consider abandoning it to prevent Magellan's from falling to GoW or GS.

Also, Vox is vulnerable now. GoW & GS's intentions are unclear there, but if they want to seek asylum with ND in case of attack, they had better start talking to them now.

Comment

Yeah, once the save arrives, we shall "take our stock" and see what we can still do before getting buried for good.

If at all possible, we shall make someone bleed some more.

Let's die fighting!

Comment

Why should we hit them hard before getting burried? In a way, it'd be a bigger blow if we let them with their current military. They are not prepared for a post-war situation like that.

This unexpected end would create a truly unbalanced world. ND would have to face a huge army they didn't expect. They will pay for not helping us. The GS + GoW alliance will breake in pieces in seconds, and they will jump at each others throat.

This will be our true revenge.

PS If anything, I'd agree with another attack against GoW. This would truly unbalance the world.

Let them eat their own pooh !
              "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
              --George Bernard Shaw
              A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
              --Woody Allen

Comment

That's not a bad idea. Let's wreck the world's balance.

I guess I should have another beer...

Comment

I had wished that we could win this game, but I guess those dreams are but gone now. I think though untill we can see the save their is no point guess what we can do untill we see the damage. I also dont even know how our capital fell. I will only believe it when I see the save, but I assume that they are not lieing, what would be the point?

Who knows, even if Legopolis fell maybe we can salavage something from what is left. We cannot assume anything untill we can see the save.

I suggest though if we decide to give up to gift all out cities to some one else.
                  Donate to the American Red Cross.
                  Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

As far as what I wil do, I will go maybe to playing PBEM games here on Apolyton. But I did learn a lot about the tricks in Civ3 from this game. Before I never knew about combat settlers and the like. So it was not all a waste, and it was fun while it lasted.
                    Donate to the American Red Cross.
                    Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

Gifting cities to Vox isn't a bad idea, though we have no idea whether they'll be allowed to keep them.

While I like the idea of getting GoW & GS to go for each other's throats, we have no idea if it will work. And I certainly don't want to try to mess things up for ND, the power who didn't join in. I think attacking someone's stack is the best way to go, assuming we have anything to attack with. (If we don't, we could try holing up, assuming the majority of our infantry can be gathered for a last stand.)

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_www
                        I had wished that we could win this game, but I guess those dreams are but gone now. I think though untill we can see the save their is no point guess what we can do untill we see the damage. I also dont even know how our capital fell. I will only believe it when I see the save, but I assume that they are not lieing, what would be the point?
                        Trust me, Jack, it can be done. I have seen it done several times - and it was the nightmare that we were trying to defend against. Extreme combat settling is one of the deadliest strategiest in human hands. And at the same time, one of the worst design flaws in Civ3.

In this game, a 2-year effort was wasted in an eyeblink because of combat settlers (and because we moved three ships one tile further than we should have).

Oh, well.

The damage done to us this turn is lethal (and GoW is only to play their turn yet, undoubtedly adding to it).

Comment

I have a wild idea. Let's call it Operation Geneve

It is based on the fact that GS and GoW wanted to deny us the victory, which already happened. Which means that if we abandon most of our cities, they will lose the goal of the war. Why would they sacrifice their army against an enemy which doesn't represent a danger anymore?

The plan:

- we gift our western cities to Vox. Hopefully GS and GoW wouldn't mind, as Vox doesn't represent a danger for them. We swear not to take them back. Ever.

- we would abandon everything in the N, and E

- we would keep a small core (well, as much as possible) in the S, E and S-E.

- we would stop attacking the GS+GoW forces. We could even disband some of our troops; it doesn't matter anyway.

- we would not oppose if they build cities on Legos

- Finally, we would do all this with one single purpose only: to help Vox win the game!

- Vox starts immeditely a wonder prebuild in Kloreepvile or Panama.

- Vox builds the UN !!!

- The opponent would be probably GoW. We vote for Vox. That's 2 votes already. Maybe we could convince RP to vote for Vox as well. A small team might like the idea of another small team winning the game, against all odds. Togas and Arnelos are the like who might a twist like this. Maybe we could convince even one more team to vote for Vox or at least abstain. Maybe ND. It'd be difficult, but they have no chances whatsoever to win this game anyway, especially if we let GS and GoW with their huge army. Too bad Darekill left them Even for GS it should be difficult to choose, as the should vote for GoW to keep the game going

A small team winning the game would save as less as it is left from idea of CIVILIZATIONS, which this game was supposed to be about. We all would sleep better, I think, and our defeat would be less bitter
                          --George Bernard Shaw
                          --Woody Allen

Comment

Hurray and if this was Alpha Centuri, we would win anywaygreat!!!

Comment

Would it be possible? Would Vox be able to build the UN? They do not have the tech yet - and we will have much troubles delivering Radio...

I agree with giving our cities close to Voxtavia to Vox. That's definitely what we should do. But for the rest... I still have to think this over.

But there is more fighting will in me than yesterday...

Comment

Working...
                              X