No announcement yet.

Turn 82, 975 BC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool.. only 3 turns before we'll be a republic! I wonder what this is going to do to our relative commerce

Sirocco: I knew this one before, but the reason why I didn't mention it is because I thought (before reading the linked page) that the wind gets warmed up over the Sahara, but then blows North, over the mediterrean, into Spain, Italy, and France (I thought it was one of the reasons of the sunniness of the Cote d'Azur). If it really is also used in the Sahara, it would be perfect.

I still like Brickfielder, though, such an awkward name

DeepO

Comment

I only now realised the full effect of building that settler before revolt, instead of after it... not only does it mean that the city will get build 2 turns faster, but also it keeps Cyclone from reaching size 7, wasting its granary food. is the only thing I can say

DeepO

Comment

I was looking a bit at the score graph. It's difficult to see anything for most civs, but both ourselves, and lego are relatively easy to analyse because one of the sides of our graph is a straight line. I think I can distinguish our 9 built cities here, as they are (small) peaks in our graph, while the rest is more a trend as population averages out a little. (growth integrates over time to form population, and growth can be assumed 'smooth')

The problem are of course territory expansions, as they can have a similar effect... we did not have any signigificant ones, but lego? who knows. Sometimes you can see the difference (at least in the beginning it's easier to see), as population and thus score deminishes a bit when a settler gets build, only to rise dramatically one or two turns later.

Anyway, there are about 9 bumps to distinguish in lego's score graph, assuming 1 or 2 of those comes from territory expansion through culture, you get to 8 or 9 current cities for lego compared to our 10.
        I agree the result is very rough, and hardly accurate, but if Lego would have 8 cities right now, could they have been prebuilding a palace for their current pyramid build? If they really got all those techs from huts, and no settlers, I don't think it would be easy for them to follow our growth so closely with one city devoted to wonderbuilding.

DeepO

Comment

If we change in the middle of our turn to Republic, won't we suffer any happiness problems?
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Good catch, Alva. Hurricane will riot if we don't change one of its people to an entertainer (which we probably can't afford to do). As best I understand the rules, a fraction-of-a-turn riot won't cause us any problems aside from losing growth (which we'd lose anyhow creating an entertainer), since the time it's rioting is time in anarchy and would yield no production either way. Still, we may want to change someone to an entertainer if we can do it without sacrificing our ability to get Republic next turn.

By the way, when we get in Republic, we need to make sure we set the luxury slider to 10% right away since we lose our military police power.

Nathan

Comment

Working...
            X