No announcement yet.

Turn 80, 1025 BC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aeson, might be a good thing to try... but maybe we can somehow trade it to them for a smaller price, if we give them a date sooner as the other sources.

One problem with offering it for free, though. Have you considered it may be part of Vox's payment to stay on Bob? if so, the only one we would harm by giving it is Vox... kind of nasty

As to Lego getting C&C from RP and Gow:
    1. they didn't tell they would get the techs from these guys, only that they had deals to trade rep away to them. They could have another deal with ND

2. Even if currency would be traded by e.g. RP to Lego, that doesn't mean RP researches itself. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if by the time Lego gives us Currency, it would be fourth-hand, instead of second-hand.

Shiber: Lego building the pyramids concerns me too, however, so far I haven't found any sensible way to ask for what they are doing. The problem is that the moment I ask them if it was a converted palace prebuild we spotted, they are shown that we know of a (clever) way of hiding a prebuild, which they might not be aware of. In last chat, it sounded like they do not analyse the F11 screen as thoroughly as we do, it wouldn't surprise me if they would not check the F7 screen often either.

BTW, maybe it's a good idea to make it standard from now on to check both the F7 screen, and the science screen (F6) to see when another team gets a tech. I know it's a bit more trouble, but it would be better for our game

DeepO

Comment

Yeah, I am not going to tell Lego we were hit by disease if we aren't, I wouldn't want them to do the same to me either

DeepO

Comment

I have no idea on how much the Palace costs. I have yet to build the Palace in a game except accidently [forgotten prebuilds...], so never really cared to find out. We have 8 cities and it costs 300 shields.

-------------------

No lies. If they are going to beat us it isn't likely to be a matter of a couple of turns... they will beat us by several turns or not at all. With the way things are shaping up, we might want end up delaying the Republic trade for a while anyways. The deal was never accepted on their part, and Lego is being rather obtuse on the issue.

Comment

If Vox is reselling our techs before we give them to them, screw em. I'd think Vox's major card is their Middle Ages tech though.

We should ask ND who they are getting the Republic from, and state that we had an NDA (no need for details) with those we had finalized (EDIT: are discussing) deals with. I doubt Lego is trading it, but ND won't necessarily know it's Lego we are talking about and may spill something.

If the deal with Lego doesn't shape up, we could have Vox aquire Construction and Currency for their middle ages tech for us, with whatever compensation we'd need to add on our part. If no one else is researching the Republic, we could then make a killing trading it around.
          Last edited by Aeson; March 26, 2003, 14:59.

Comment

So basically we give Republic to ND through Vox (for free?), to pay for Voxes 'survival '???
            Which leaves both Vox and others more units to be used against us.
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
            X