No announcement yet.

Turn 65, 1400 BC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By the way, we may want to try to time aqueduct prebuilds for a lot more cities than just Tempest, although balancing that against our military needs could get tricky. If we win the race for the Pyramids, the more early aqueducts we have to take advantage fo the Pyramids during our GA, the better.

Comment

Let's first build some military (numbers to be discussed) in the barracks cities, before thinking about aqueducts. Although I would warn everyone to rely on Lux, what concerns research, especially if prebuilds are on stake. They have proven to be very unreliable.

Comment

Don't forget that we have quite a nice treasury too to rush.
        I know aquaducts arn't cheap, but it is an option.
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

* wacky idea *

It would involve a lot of trust from Vox, but what if we take over their cities during our GA. (peacefully, sorry Theseus )

Would they suffer more from our corruption or benefit from our GA
          (combined with instant granary's !!!)

Where's Alex when you need him !!!!!
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by alva
            Don't forget that we have quite a nice treasury too to rush.
            I know aquaducts arn't cheap, but it is an option.
            Courthouses and maybe marketplaces (if we can secure enough luxuries) in outlying cities would be a better investment, because they would help cities build a lot more additional improvements on their own. On the other hand, we could spend the gold on research very quickly once we get into Republic and have to pay gold for unit support.

Comment

don't plan on rushing with the extra gold just yet, please... all we have would be spent on 1 aquaduct or courthouse.

ND tech deal: who said we needed to start negotiations on republic? I was simply thinking on finding out what they are going for...
              Further, don't forget that the moment the GL gets built, we have no other option than to trade away republic asap. Once we see a prebuild converting into a wonder, we would be good to spend some of our money investigating the city, to get an eta.

Tempest: Ideally, I'd like to have either a marketplace, or a library in there, so if the need for a barracks has deminished, and we can't change to a worker wihtout loss, I'd suggest a library. It pays of to have it there, not only because of the extra beakers, but also for culture. We're getting behind in culture here, the longer we wait catching up, the harder it will get, and the more resources it is going to cost us.

An aquaduct would of course also be nice, but IMHO we can build that after a library, and perhaps a worker.

DeepO

Comment

Working...
              X