No announcement yet.

Turn 65, 1400 BC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 gpt for CoL? more then I expected... after the 2 deals for CoL, I would have agreed with 3 gpt

Please send a message to ND, thanking them for their business, and start negotiating on the next tech. It takes a while with these guys, so better be prepared.

Our treasury is overflowing, I never thought we were going to get this kind of pot of gold stashed away this early.

As to literature / GL: It's hard, but doable for a Bob civ to build the GL, but 1400 BC would be extremely early. We can assume that none are half way prebuilding it, because ND and GoW don't have any cities to spare, and a large military to keep. RP OTOH could very well have started on it (frankly, I would have done it if I were them), but I doubt they did it before, they are keeping up with our settlerpump, so none of their cities is on a wonder or only started quite recently on it)

DeepO

Comment

Thanks mostly to growth in EotS and Hurricane (and possibly to settler-building by one or more rivals), we are now 2 ahead of second place in Mfg. Goods, 4 ahead of second in GNP, and 11 ahead of second in productivity. This is how things should be!

Comment

We do NOT want to start negotiating on the next tech yet! The next thing we'll be researching is Republic. That's going to take a while, and we'll likely want to keep a duopoly (us and Vox) on it for as long as practical after we get it - at least unless multiple someones offer pretty fantastic deals.

Comment

Screenshots sent.

Comment

Good job, guys.

Now if we could just hurry up those barrackses...
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

How about MM? (to ND)
              (I doubt we'll be able to pull it off, can't hurt, can it )
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
                Good job, guys.

Now if we could just hurry up those barrackses...
                In case you've missed it, we already have the one in Bolderberg done. Next turn one of our workers starts mining an extra tile for Tornado to work when it grows to try to get its barracks done faster. In other words, we're definitely working on it.

Comment

Only 2?
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Unless we change things, Tempest is working on a third barracks (a fourth if you count Hurricane's), but that one's going to take a lot longer to finish.

Comment

Actually, I'm starting to wonder if Tempest shouldn't work on a temple and then some sort of prebuild for an aqueduct. Or maybe even start a prebuild for a marketplace now, since that could come in very handy for what will eventually be a key wonder city (both for the happiness effect if we can trade for additional luxuries and because of its gold-generating potential). I'm still hesitant about how many troops we'd build in Tempest before it needs to move on to something else, and paying upkeep on a barracks in a city that rarely builds troops is less than ideal.

Nathan

Comment

Turn sent.

Comment

Tempest could help things along with a Worker or two to mine the hills. It would be spectacular if we can build up Tempest to full production before Republic and our GA hit.

Comment

I agree with that.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)

Comment

I think 2 active barracks (not counting Hurricane) is enough for peace time buildup. Let's build other infrastructure or, as mentioned, workers in Tempest.

Comment

We probably need to do some reverse engineering starting from the premise that we want Tempest to finish an aqueduct shortly after Lux gets Construction (unless it starts looking like waiting for Lux would delay us unacceptably). The question is, how many workers (and what else) do we build before diverting Tempest to an aqueduct?

Nathan

Comment

Working...
                                X