Turn 64, 1425 BC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn 64, 1425 BC

To be edited by the leaders of the Scholia.

- Research idling at 0% investment (technically on Philosophy).
    - 153 gold cash, about +24 per turn. (Cash reflects 75 gold from Vox.)

Urgent questions:
    - Still haven't made a final decision on the deal with Lux and Vox.

Military:

Economy:
    - Workers by Cyclone and Tornado start mines.
    - Worker by Bolderberg starts irrigation.
    - Worker by Tempest finishes irrigation, starts road.
    - Move Bolderberg's laborer on the game tile to the forest tile.
    - Move Cyclone's new laborer to the game tile. (Cyclone should be working the game, the mined wheat, and two mined grasslands with shield.)
    - Move EotS's laborer currently on the irrigated fur to an irrigated plains, allowing Hurricane's new laborer to use the fur when he shows up. This shouldn't affect when EotS finishes its next worker if we do things right.

Diplomacy:
    - Get some kind of trade deal lined up with ND if possible.

Trade Deal Status:

ND
    -Message sent regarding CoL trade(25/2)
    -Message has been read(26/2)
    -ND proposed same deal as GoW, we diddn't accept
    -new message has been sent asking to come up with something else
    -new message has been read, no answer yet (27/2)
    -new message to Murkel asking to speed things up(20.00h-27/2)
    -ND has acknowledged message and have responded although nothing concrete is mentioned (26/2)
    (alva)
    ------------------------------------------------------

GoW
    -I have sent HotE a counter proposal, and i think they would accept it- for 100 gold guarantee, along with a NWA. so send
    GoW CoL
    the worst case is that they won't match it with 100 gold, and then we refuse.
    ---------------
    RP
    RP acknowledges our deal, the moment we offer CoL, they say they can match it with Lit. Offer RP CoL
    Last edited by zeit; March 2, 2003, 14:18.

The extra gold will do some good on the power graph.
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Hmmmm, is Vox allowed to have warrior that close?
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

That's his normal post, and it's not in Luxian territory, so there's no problem with where he is.

I'm not sure how much I want us looking "good" on the power graph. There are advantages to laying low to a certain degree.

Comment

ok
          -
          true, but with some (re)negotiations with Lux (and vox?) coming up, I consider it a good thing.

Comment

I agree with Alva, and hope that a higher power rating won't make the teams on Bob less eager to trade with us.
            "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
            And the truth isn't what you want to see,
            Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
            - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Just to make sure you don't miss it

NEW PTW patch!!! U.S. only

Comment

What I'm more concerned with is the shift in power: 2 turns ago, Vox and Lux exchanged gold for a city, and that more or less evens out (in the power graph, you see a bump for Vox, but that's actually their newly build city). However, we already build a city last turn, and are going to receive 75 gold from Vox this turn (on top of our own added 24 gold), we will grow in power, when Vox will shrink. I'm not sure if others can't deduce our deal (however, they will ahve to look extremely careful to see it)
                OTOH, we are selling CoL to everyone, somebody could pay us in cash
                DeepO

Comment

I think the continent fellows are up to Lux's new trick- check the message from Hot_Enamel on the GoW log- "there are rumors of Lux having a city on your continent, or something of that sort..."

And some more troubles from GoW as well- i got a different propsal from Panzer32 altogether- including all sorts of agreements, check the log as well. I tried to convince him that we considered it a done deal, but perhaps a 100 gold guarantee can also be accepted. I hope he'll return a positive answer. I'd hate to see this being dragged further on- damn they're lack of internal organization!
                  Last edited by zeit; March 1, 2003, 19:22.
                  Save the rainforests!
                  Join the us today and say NO to CIV'ers chopping jungles

Comment

I haven't upgraded yet, so I can go ahead and play if we want to.

Comment

Also- what about BOB's screenshot, are they giving them or not?

If they do not, i think it's still worth considering kicking them off the isle. Would also save us some trouble with GoW and ND...
                      Save the rainforests!
                      Join the us today and say NO to CIV'ers chopping jungles

Comment

What happens when a town grows and builds a Worker or Settler on the same turn?

(I can never remember this)
                        The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Theseus, first production is added. So if the new citizen produces something, those shields are added before the citizen gets added to the worker / settler. More information will certainly come from Nathan, he's a lot more experienced in this... I thought new commerce isn't added to science output, but I'm not sure

DeepO

Comment

I can't really add much to what DeepO said. I've never run tests regarding commerce (or science), but I frequently take advantage of the extra production in making plans for EotS and sometimes for other cities as well. New laborers don't have to be fed until after you've had a chance to move them to tiles that produce more food.

Nathan

Comment

Okay, I'm ready to play the turn. Any objections to going ahead and offering Code of Laws to RP, GoW, ND (in case they're willing to make an offer in-game), and as a gift to Vox as per our agreement?

Comment

Working...
                              X